Loss of interest in Cricket...... WHY ?

Should teams like USA, Canada or Bangladesh be given a chance in tournaments like Champions Trophy,

• Total voters
D

Dhawal_Verma

What do you think ??????????
I think it truly is dissappointing watching such a boring cricket match without any fight !

D

Dimuthu

Definitely.... It's the only way teams can improve. Teams like Sri Lanka never would have made it this far if it wasn't for their exposure in 75 and 79 WCs before they were given test status

Z

Zain1612

no because they boring playing against good teams :saywhat:

Q

qas

Yes, Kenya are going nowhere, Zimbabwe improved until the rebellion, Bangladesh have some up and coming players and Canada have the record for the quickest century in the world cup - surely that isn't boring B)

D

Dhawal_Verma

There are other ways by which Upcoming Teams can improve!
I only mentioned ICC Champions Trophy & World Cup !
Instead of these boring matches I think it would have been better if ICC had made 2 pools with the Original 10 test playing nations !
That would have made the tournament more interesting !
I also think that FICA shd give a thought on World Cup Qualifiers & Relegating a team like FIFA does !
What do you guys say ?

R

ricky123

small teams should not get chance in big tournaments , but usa has earned its place,

like that ,it should be done for other teams also , make smaller teams play each other and the 2 finalist should get a chance

Q

qas

At an ICC meeting, the 2 tier system was discussed, they never went through with it but, I seriously think that is the way forward.

For instance: West Indies could get relegated through poor form and Bangladesh could get promoted by beating the likes of USA and Scotland.

My suggestion B)

Tier 1:

Pakistan
Australia
South Africa
India
England
Sri Lanka
West Indies

Tier 2:

Zimbabwe (due to rebels)
Banladesh
Kenya
Holland
Scotland
Canada
USA
(and any other you care to mention)

D

Dhawal_Verma

Originally posted by ricky123@Sep 14 2004, 02:24 AM
small teams should not get chance in big tournaments , but usa has earned its place,
How come USA earn its place when there's nothing such Qualifuing Tournament I really think Canada is better than even Bangladesh and Bangladesh don't deserve to be a Test Playing nation instead Kenya does !

B

Bilal

Yes, i think they should be given a chance. As D.T said Definitely.... It's the only way weak teams can improve by playing good teams

Users who are viewing this thread