No Requests Madman's Downloads

• Thread starter Deleted member 9102
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 9102

New version in post 12!

Just had a quick go at making some stumps, based on these ones from the Ashes in England last summer;

Hkl5ghA.jpg

Here is my attempt at them in the game;

LFBZDbj.jpg

They're not perfect but it's a first try, still learning :).

I've attached the texture in a .zip archive - it's named 'radial_col' as those are the ingame stumps that I replaced, but once you extract it you can rename it to any of the others and place it in 'Documents\my games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\textures\stumps' then choose the relevant stump sponsor from the list in the Match Type Editor in the Academy.

Let's get this modding started!

Last edited by a moderator:

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Of course they are perfect. Amazing job!

D

Deleted member 9102

Thanks guys - the only thing I'm not too happy with is the proportions.

Compared to the real life counterpart, the sticker takes up much less space. On the real one it looks like about 1/3 of the height of the stump, on mine it's about 1/4 or less.

I think tomorrow I'll try to figure out what adjustments I need to make so it's closer to the real thing. I'm going to watch the World Cup semifinal now so it won't be done tonight :p.

D

Deleted member 9102

It turns out that those stumps I made are still the ones being used for England's home test matches... I hadn't even noticed from watching the highlights of the Sri Lanka series and haven't watched much live cricket since the Ashes in England (no Sky Sports).

I just thought 'I'll make some Ashes stumps!" and looked up pics of last summer's Ashes... As they are still currently in use I'll definitely see if I can improve them further.

D

Deleted member 9102

Making some progress, but run into some issues trying to figure out how the texture wraps around the 3D model. There are places where it overlaps and the only real method to working it out is trial and error.

I think I've got the size of the sticker about right now, but still playing around with it to get the places where it overlaps to fit together correctly. I'm getting completely fed up with watching the coin toss :p.

Here is the monstrosity in Photoshop at the moment;
wfI82Xx.jpg

D

Deleted member 9102

Progress update... Slowly getting there, here's what I have at the moment, I think the proportions of the sticker look better now;

nt1HfNt.jpg

And here's the texture which produced that;
No5N0wj.jpg

As you can see, the blue parts are not visible because they have been overlapped, and it could be awkward to do the sides because of the way the green and pink slot together despite being seperate on the texture.

D

Deleted member 9102

England Investec Stumps V2

Here is the more accurate and higher quality version of the stumps I made quickly yesterday.

J0OpYxK.jpg

To install;

1. Extract the .zip to 'Documents\my games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\textures\stumps'

2. In the Academy, go to the Match Type Designer and on the desired match type change the 'Stump Sponsor' to 'Radial Motors', ensuring the 'Stump Sponsor Coloured' is unticked.

Attachments

• Investec Stumps v2.zip
    112.4 KB · Views: 404
D

Deleted member 9102

New version on next page!

Made some stumps based on these

ij8QMYN.jpg

In-game
YtD5D9F.jpg

May make some adjustments to this one tomorrow and post a new version.

To install, extract to 'Documents\my games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\textures\stumps' and to use it, select the Pace stump sponsor in the Match Type Editor and untick the 'Stump Sponsor Coloured' option.

D

Deleted member 9102

During making the stumps, through plenty of trial and error I came up with a template to help me;

ra5YxNm.png

I haven't done all of the texture, and there are bound to be some imperfections, but it's a useful guide at least and helps when trying to make text/patterns match up. I use this as a layer and blend it as soft light on top of the none_col texture as the canvas to start with and toggle it's visibility on and off when needed.

The light blue areas are not visible in the game as they get overlapped, and the dark blue areas run through the centre of the stump on the back and front. The green and magenta areas are at the sides of the stump and connect as seen in post 11.

Anyone can go ahead and use this, improve it, share it - I don't mind :).

D

Deleted member 9102

2005 Ashes Stumps

New version on next page!

Made some 2005 Ashes stumps;

52128.jpg

In-game;

eqPbr48.jpg

To install:

1. Extract the .zip to 'Documents\my games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\textures\stumps'

2. In the Academy, go to the Match Type Designer and on the desired match type change the 'Stump Sponsor' to 'Cavalier', ensuring the 'Stump Sponsor Coloured' is unticked.

@blockerdave

Users who are viewing this thread