Main gripe with Cricket 2005

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The standard shots - front foot or back foot lack power and punch to beat the infield and no matter what you do, there's no way you can score at a decent pace using these shots (except the leg glance). Thus people go for the other extreme - that is advance down the wicket shots. Using this approach, once you get the hang of timing, you can hammer any bowler (Warne, Mcgrath, Shoaib, Murali, Harmison...) for a 6 or 4 every time even with a tailender with no confidence.

This makes batting in cricket 2005 a game of extremes and lacks realism. I can score a 100 on Hard level in 20 odd balls using advance down the wicket shots. I only have to block the odd yorker (even this can be scored off without the 6 hit option) and hammer rest of the balls for a 6 or 4. And I don't have to worry about pitch (green, wet, hard, dusty etc.), weather conditions (sunny, warm, hot, overcast, humid etc.) or strength of the batsmen. Request EA to address this imbalance for a more realistic gaming experience. Maybe the standard shots should have more power and should get batsmen runs and advance down the wicket should be toned down a bit - with successful hits only being executed in case batsmen have enough confidence or they are extremely good like Lara, Tendulkar, Gilchrist etc.

I don't think any cricket game could ever match each persons brilliance at a game. Some may time it perfectly, others might not (ME)!

But there are plenty of folks who are able to score freely using advance shots... maybe EA needs to look into that.

Use an AI patch

Your not going to get far charging down the track on a green pitch with one of them :)

Last edited:
Bad luck :(

C2K5 is definitely better on PC. You can enhance the game a lot more. It becomes better fun and realistic playing with patches. You could buy the game cheap for PC considering that C2K6 (or 7) is a long way off. Its up to you.

I enjoy playing games more on PS2... don't really know why but that's how it is for me. I'm thinking of going for cricket 2004 as I've heard it's a better batting simulator than cricket 2005.

lol :D

Well it depends what you want. Some members will say that 2004 is a lot better then 2005 (not me :) ) Others will say the 2005 is better. I will admit that it is a better batting simulator though.

And that's exactly what I want - a better batting simulator :)

It should get me through next year, till the time EA or codemasters release next version of their cricket series.

alfa_beta said:
And that's exactly what I want - a better batting simulator :)

It should get me through next year, till the time EA or codemasters release next version of their cricket series.

if you want a batting simulator,then BLIC is the way ;) or do you already have it ?

I have BLIC but it's not a batting simulator by any stretch of imagination. For starters there's no sweep, cut or a decent hook shot.

A glide or shot to 3rd man looks like a drive pat the keeper!!! All the shots look quite similar - most of them like drives and the only difference is the direction in which the shot is played.

But the original Brian Lara cricket - mega drive version was pretty good with all the shots in the book. I wish codemasters go back to original BLIC and start making modificatins to that.

Users who are viewing this thread