Making bowling more enjoyable, seeing weather/pitch effects etc. - invitation to playtest

Running and acceleration set to a slow as possible for opponents and arm speed set high for my lads. Well.....at least my fielders are now throwing the ball to one of the ends as oppo batsmen are running their bats over crease.....and not as before....fielder throwing ball as batsman has made his ground and is having a chat with my bowler/keeper!!!!

I had a run out in my Eng vs NZ tests, Buttler attempting a third and suffering a direct hit from deep!

I was wondering whether any edges would go through slip for a while, but then in a One Day match two edges went to approx 2nd and 4th slip, no fielders there though. I even had an edge to short fine leg off a pull (infuriatingly dropped!). The run rate was pretty slow though, 220 off 50 from England, although maybe they were still in WC shambles mode.

Need to make some adjustments. Playing my 2 testing teams. 50 overs. Had oppo all out for 104 runs after 39 overs. My team reached 105 for 3 after 24 overs. Enjoyed the game but need to improve oppo batting skills or reduce my bowlers skills......all trial and error but enjoy tinkering with gameplay skills. Had a different dismissal. A catch at leg slip to my off spinner.

A couple more teams you may wish to download that are set up for this skill experiment:

1993 England, 1993 Australia - full squads with complete lineups for each of the 6 Tests of the 1993 Ashes. Note that the 1993 Australia is actually linked to the on-disk Australia 1990s Test team.

Also, due to the mods constraints, neither side is set up using the standard emblems so if you're not playing on pc or not using the same mods as me you may wish to change the set up.

username for both mrdconnors

A couple more teams you may wish to download that are set up for this skill experiment:

1993 England, 1993 Australia - full squads with complete lineups for each of the 6 Tests of the 1993 Ashes. Note that the 1993 Australia is actually linked to the on-disk Australia 1990s Test team.

Also, due to the mods constraints, neither side is set up using the standard emblems so if you're not playing on pc or not using the same mods as me you may wish to change the set up.

username for both mrdconnors

These teams sound tasty! And now I know your online moniker I can maybe download them and others that you have made. However I read somewhere down the line that downloading a team that is linked to an on disk team can cause some kind of issue/ problem. Could anyone clarify please.

These teams sound tasty! And now I know your online moniker I can maybe download them and others that you have made. However I read somewhere down the line that downloading a team that is linked to an on disk team can cause some kind of issue/ problem. Could anyone clarify please.

all it does is overwrite that team. if you play a lot with that Aussie team you may not want to download it (although i think there is an option to download it without linking, or unlink once you have). if you don't play with that Aussie team it won't cause any issue at all.

So I think I've had my best DB experience to date. Ind vs Saf (me) at India. Won the toss and batted first, simmed it and got 370 with Faf getting 170+- off 244 and de Kock getting 48. In return this is how my bowling went:

First ball Vijay dropped by de Kock of Steyn.
Vijay/ Dhawan caught at 3rd slip (3rd slip!) by Tahir off Morkel.
Vijay/Dhawan c&b by Steyn.
Pujara caught at slip by Morkel and the score is 17/3.
Kohli and Rahul put on a 40 odd partnership till Kohli falls (forgot how) and score is 70/4.
Raina gets lbw I think.
Dhoni bowled by Tahir while doing a reverse sweep.
Patel bowled by Duminy by an absolute beuty! (Will post replay later)
Ashwin caught by de Kock off Duminy.

Currently India are 106/7! All the wickets were legit by I think I might need to up the difficulty! Last session of day 2 soon so hopefully I can bowl them out and get them back in by the end of the day!

Vijay/ Dhawan caught at 3rd slip (3rd slip!) by Tahir off Morkel.
Dhoni bowled by Tahir while doing a reverse sweep.
Did Tahir run till the boundary line after those wickets, otherwise it would become unrealistic....;)

I have been doing some bowling on rookie level and just seeing hwo much more fast and penetrating bowling seems compared to legend......of course AI is to weak in rookie to get a good match and you cant bat in rookie and hope to have a decent game.....I woudl love for the possibility to be able to set all the levels: what level do you want AI to bowl at? What level do you want to bowl at? What level do you want AI to bat at? what level do you want to bat at....crazy????

I agree with you there Dutch, would like to have the option of playing with different levels in the same game, I'm able to take wickets even up to veteran but struggle to bat on pro!

Users who are viewing this thread