Manjural Islam dead at 22

Azza!

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Manjural Islam, who played six Tests and 25 Odis for Bangladesh between 2003-04 and 2005-06, has been killed in a road accident. He was 22 and, as such, he has become the youngest Test cricketer to die.

Reports say that he was on a motorbike in Khulna when he lost his balance and collided with an oncoming bus. Sajjadul Hasan, a local first-class cricketer, also died on his way to hospital

A left-arm spinner, Manjural made his ODI debut in November 2003 at the age of 19 and took the wicket of Michael Vaughan with his third ball, the first time any Bangladesh player had taken a wicket in his first international over. He made his Test debut at Harare in 2003-04 but did not impress and had been sidelined since the series against India in December 2004. His best performances in the one-day format were a brace of four-wicket hauls, both Man-of-the-Match winning performances, to help level the series against Zimbabwe in January 2005.

? Cricinfo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A sad, sad day for Bangladeshi cricket.

Just saw this :(
Very very very sad news. One of my favourite Bangladeshi players. And only 22, I thought he'd have a great future with the team.
RIP Rana. RIP. :crying
Even more sad news, Sajjidul Hasan, a FC cricketer in Bangladesh, died on the way to the hospital! Only 28! Very, very sad day. :( :crying

that is incredible i guess he wont be destroying my touring sides anymore he had alot of potential

rip

Wow. This is shocking. I really liked him he was good. Very sad. RIP

Manjural Islam Rana-apart from being a good spinner he was also a hard-hitter.
Someone,who could have been looked upto to complete Rafique's rolelater in the future.
RIP.

sad news for Bangladesh, this might affect the players negatively or positively,I'm sure they'd love to have a good run for him.

RIP Manjural Islam

This is very sad and shocking news.. its just 22 yrs :( Very sad end!

Users who are viewing this thread