Mar 9 - India vs Netherlands

I hope MS decides to give Ashwin a chance in place Harbhajan who hasn't looked threatening at all and Chawla should make way for Nehra. Batting order seems fine and i don't think it should be altered. It should be a fairly easy win unless our bowlers decide to make it a close one.

I hope MS decides to give Ashwin a chance in place Harbhajan who hasn't looked threatening at all and Chawla should make way for Nehra. Batting order seems fine and i don't think it should be altered. It should be a fairly easy win unless our bowlers decide to make it a close one.

Yeah giving Nehra & Ashwin a game now would be a great idea.

India's first match in the 2003 World Cup was against Netherlands. India batted first & were bowled out for 204 :eek: During break everyone was tensed up :D .... only to see, Holland slip to some 50 for 7 and then batted 48 overs for some 130 odd :p

Last edited:
Yes I remember that match. It was pretty tensed!! But that team and this team its way different. Except Zak,Tendiya and Sehwag I suppose

----------

Also, Nehra was there :lol

India's first match in the 2003 World Cup was against Netherlands. India batted first & were bowled out for 204 :eek: During break everyone was tensed up :D .... only to see, Holland slip to some 50 for 7 and then batted 48 overs for some 130 odd :p

They slipped to 50/7 in 2 overs?

They slipped to 50/7 in 2 overs?

LOL no ! Im assuming what Felix meant was that Netherlands managed 130 all out from 48 overs from a position of 50 sothing for 7.

I've somehow managed to get a pass for this game from an ex Ranji player.

I hope that India bats first, otherwise the game might as well get over pretty quickly!

Hope its a dead rubber match with all things going in favor of India and they dominate completely.

Ashwin for Chawla and Nehra for Zaheer are the changes that I see happening. I guess Dhoni might not rest/drop Harbhajan. Even Cricinfo says the same.

Hope we dont get a close game here. We need to win this as easy as possible.

Yeah they managed to get 136 odd after being 54/7 at one stage.
Though India did manage to embarrass themselves big time in that match.

Yeah, but India came into that match after a resounding thumping that they got in the "gardens" of New Zealand pitches (the New Zealand side back then was strong enough too). And this Netherlands game was India's first venture in the World Cup. So I dont see a repeat this time (even if this game had been our first of this tournament).

TBH Sai, It was expected that we thump them in 2003, we did not do a very good job of it though. Things are different this time round and I would like to see the bowlers skittle them out for less than 200- that would be an achievement.

Users who are viewing this thread