Massive Score

What do you make of the score

• Total voters

plympilgrim

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
My dad has just given me this newspaper clipping from the daily telegraph about a massive score.
"Indian Schoolboys Shaibaz Tumbi and B Manoj Kumar put on world record 721 for the opening wicket off 40 overs in a one day match.
They were playing for St. Peter's High School against St Phillips High School in an under-13 match at Secunderabad on Wednesdat.
Tumbi hammered 324 off 116 balls and Kumar 320 off 127!!"

What about that for a score, your views please.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
They could be stars of the future too. The previous record was held by a partnership that included a certain Sachin Tendulkar...

embi

International Coach
evertonfan said:
I'd put it down more to poor opposition personally.

Whatever opposition they've got, it still takes some mean slogging to make 700 runs in 40 overs... Could you consistently slog every single ball and noball for 6 for 40 overs? Even against a 5 year old who bowls about 20mph?

Come to think of it, must have been a long innings, rpo is about 50 which indicates quite a lot of noballs...

EDIT: 77 noballs to be precise... thats still 644 runs off 317 balls scored by the bat...

CricketFan999

Club Cricketer
Well the fact that the other side were all out for 20 does show something about the opposition. Regardless, it's still a very good feat and they have every right to be proud of it.

Bilal91

International Coach
thats just amazing...even though the opposition wasn't that good...still a hell of a lot runs to get...

kookaburra69

International Coach
huge scores by those 2 youngsters,wont be suprised to see if they get into the indian squad later on in their lives.

Users who are viewing this thread