Matches to re-ignite a lost interest

Pakistani Army

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Hey guys.

So one of my friends who has not been playing cricket, nor watching it since 2004/05 has wanted to re-ignite his interest in cricket. In order to do this, i thought it would be a great aid to him if i gave him a list of superb matches that have occurred from that time period to watch highlights of. Therefore, if anyone can put forward any exhilarating matches from 2004, be it T20, ODI or Test. Be it Domestic/International. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Just go on Robelinda's youtube channel. If there's nothing in that goldmine to inspire him, this could be a tricky path :p

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Definitely 'the' one day International between South Africa and Australia!

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Only problem with that is peaking too early heh. He might then be surprised when every subsequent game has around 300 less runs :p

Addy

National Board President
  • Eng v Ind @ lords where india chased down 320+ score, when Ganguly was the captain. Dont exactly remember the year, 2003/4 may be.
  • Aus v/s SA 2006 ODI obviously.
  • 2005 Ashes thrillers
  • LOIs featuring Pakistan (depends if he's a Pakistani fan) Some world t20 2009 matches, the 2010 England v Pak ODIs (3rd & 4th), The Mohali 2008 ODI v India.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
You can also try and focus on specific players as well as good matches. If he likes fast bowling, get a match where Dale Steyn does well (or Zaheer or Jimmy A), and fill him in on the current state of fast bowling. Or maybe for scintillating stroke play, of course Tendulkar, but plenty of other guys like Sangakkara, Sehwag, Clarke, De Villiers and Pietersen. If it's big hits, find some Chris Gayle, McCullum or MS Dhoni. There's plenty to be proud of in the world of cricket right now.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
recent times, last 12 months or so.

bangladesh beating india in the asia cup.
test where south africa beating australia.
england v india tie game at the world cup

what I liked about those games was they were all games where surprising results were achieved through excellent performances rather than dismal ones.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Pakistan v South Africa 2nd ODI 2010
Pakistan v India World t20 final 2007
Ireland v England world cup 2011
Netherlands v England world t20 2009

Users who are viewing this thread