Matt Murray - Should be England's No1

wolf said:
:mad I see what you are saying though, but nothing will faze big Matt.

David Nugent in the England squad - Hmm now what division is he from?

Steve Bull played for England while he was playing in the old Third Division, and went to the World Cup in 1990.

Did you actually read my post :p

I specifically mentioned goalkeepers and the mental side as one mistake can lose you a game ;)

It was only the first line I was really replying to you Puddle, I was just stating facts for everyone for the rest.

@Jaz I am not being biased, I just know a bloody 'keeper when I see one.

wolf said:
:mad I see what you are saying though, but nothing will faze big Matt.

David Nugent in the England squad - Hmm now what division is he from?

Steve Bull played for England while he was playing in the old Third Division, and went to the World Cup in 1990.

Nugent is premiership quality and should be in the Premiership, Steve Bull was of a different class but was Wolves through and through.

Robert Green should be Englands number 1 is class is there for all to see,if it wasn't for a piss-poor backline ,plus injury he would already have the shirt,he's been one of west ham's best players(although thats not saying a lot tbh) this season,he hasn't had a bad game yet,made no mistakes,even the reading game he was one of the best players on the pitch,he's commanding,safe hands,great shotstopper...

That's exactly what a lot of fans here in Norwich were saying before he left. He did really well to get into the squad and then typically buggered it all up by injuring himself.

So he should be no.1 ahead of Foster and Robinson?

If you ask me, Paul Robinson is still the best goalkeeper in England and should take the number one spot. It's not like he's an old man either!

Robinson is not a good enough shot stopper, and doesn't command his area.

Imo, you wont know how good you are if you dont play in the top division. The quality of attack you face then is almost at par with international football. So I dont think we can come to any conclusive decision on Matt Murray.

Also I think overall, England's goalkeeping situation at the moment is pretty poor. Most of the other countries have far better goalkeepers and quite a few of them. Robinson, England's current number one isnt even the top three or four in the Premiership.

Robert Green Yes i agree he has only played a couple let him have another Chance. The same with David James made 1 mistake and then booted out. It's just not fair!

Users who are viewing this thread