Merging cricket games!

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The thread is right...I posted as I want to ask Is it Legal to merge the player body models of other game to other game....
I thought that we can make a better cricket Patch,by merging the games...I liked the gameplay of EA cricket 2004,and graphics of BLC and Ashes cricket,want to ask will it be Legal and Possible to change the body models in Cricket 2004???

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I'm sure the legalities are the least of the problems in trying to do that. No it isn't possible.

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
why?like we can open 3d models of Ashes cricket(I think..) and we can open data file of EA Cricket 04(as this one has better gameplay)...what would be the major problem...

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Different file formats, scripting the animations, issues of different rendering engines and the limitations on polygon counts, issues of different model sizes and shapes.

The games share basically nothing in common. Just because they both have 3D models it doesn't mean it would be a simple transition, or that the results would be an improvement, the models alone wouldn't improve graphics, you'd just have Cricket 04 with worse animations.

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
OK,I understood your point...but Is there a way to improve the C04 model itself....I mean Slicing and getting it more accurate...Is there a way by which we can export the 3d files of C04 and import them back safely....

Users who are viewing this thread