MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Mindstorm Studios develops official game for ICC's Cricket World Cup 2011.
LAHORE, PAKISTAN, 15th January 2011 ? Mindstorm Studios announced today that it is developing the Official Game for the upcoming ICC Cricket World Cup 2011, an event followed religiously by over a billion fans around the globe.

The game, "Cricket Power" (ICC Cricket World Cup 2011: Official Video Game), is set to be the most advanced 3D browser cricket game developed to date. It will feature all 14 official teams along with official players, stadiums and kits. The game will be powered by a superior cricket engine at its core, coupled with a pick-up-and-play interface to appeal to casual and core gamers alike.

"We are extremely excited about developing the official game for ICC's Cricket World Cup 2011" said Babar Ahmed, CEO Mindstorm Studios. "Cricket has long been a subject closely linked to our organization and we are thrilled to take it to the next level."

The game will be published by ADMC (Abu Dhabi Media Company) and is set to launch on the 16th of January, 2011 and will be available at ICC Cricket World Cup 2011: Official Video Game.

:: Welcome to MindStormStudios ::

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
the site isn't working, it wouldn't allow you to look at anything without signing up and when you try to sign up that doesn't work either, guess it'll start working tomorrow.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Will it be launched for PC ?? or just for playing online ?
PC for sure, it's an updated and seemingly licensed Cricket Revolution.

Attachments

• ck.png
    ck.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 218
  • cp.jpg
    cp.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 512
  • MindStormBanner0.jpg
    MindStormBanner0.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 235

harrisb

International Coach
Is that England kit official, our current OD Kit doesn't look like that at all. I've not seen the WC kit's, but i didn't think they'd change it too much.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Will it be launched for PC ?? or just for playing online ?
Looked a bit more in to this, it seems like you'll be able to play it to some extent in a browser, though this needs a bit of installation as well.

Demo again seems like it will just be a net session, but there's certainly a purchase option and Steam is mentioned occasionally, though not exclusively.

Attachments

• 1m.jpg
    1m.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 2,423

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
so the demo can be played in a browser?
That's my impression of things. They seem to be claiming a technology that lets you do the full 3D stuff within a browser. Again, this is working off very little info, so I'd wait a bit.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I guess they have worked a bit on the weather system as well if we carefully watch the screenshot of practice session. Overall, so far Yeah It does look an updated version of cricket revolution with licensed stuff of world cup cricket. Hope that the gameplay has been improved as well.

harrisb

International Coach
Guys, who is your source, the website doesn't seem to work but you guys have got loads of info and screenshots.

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
That's my impression of things. They seem to be claiming a technology that lets you do the full 3D stuff within a browser. Again, this is working off very little info, so I'd wait a bit.

webgl?

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Has anyone been able to sign up? When I register, the registration page simply reloads.

Users who are viewing this thread