Minnow Online Trophy - 3rd round now underway!

tommymac

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
This is the thread for the Minnow Online Trophy (PC only), much like the Online Trophy but in this tournament you have to play as one of the minnows.

UPDATE

The tournament will start on friday (30th March) you will have 3 days to complete a fixture, and the two players will have to arrange this between them, then both post the result and a screenshot of the scorecard on the forum, the matches will be 20 overs on test difficulty, with balanced settings.

This will be run in a league format, with 2 points for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss. Everybody will play each other once, then the top 4 teams will go into a semi-final then final.

3rd round fixtures

Netherlands vs Bangladesh
Scotland vs Ireland - Match Drawn
Kenya vs Bermuda
Canada vs Zimbabwe - Zimbabwe 159-3 bt Canada 156-7

2nd round fixtures:

Scotland v Canada - Scotland defeated Canada by 5 wickets
Bermuda v Ireland - Ireland bt Bermuda
Bangladesh v Zimbabwe- Match Drawn due to incompletion
Kenya v Netherlands- Netherlands bt Kenya

Outstanding Fixtures From 1st Round:
Ireland v Netherlands- Netherlands bt Ireland

Can you please arrange these matches via the forum or PM. Enjoy and good luck to everyone! all games must be completed before Thursday

Teams so far:
monty57 - Ireland -
tommymac - Bangladesh
AFlintoff - Scotland
Leicester Fox - Bermuda
dippa - Zimbabwe
Ricco_M - Kenya -
JustT1m - Canada
EarlCG - Netherlands

Last edited:
bit harsh to class Bangladesh as a minnow :p I'll play as bermuda so long as it doesn't clash with my other tournament

Just so you guys know, if you play in balanced mode all the teams are of roughly equal performance.

OK, when you are playing against the AI its not realistic but when you are playing an online tournament its great as everyone has an even chance of winning the world cup (not just Ireland ;)) Players will still have their attributes (ie Brett Lee will still be bloody fast) but the teams are just levelled out a bit.

Ok i guess we'll see what everybody thinks, I just want playing as leverock to be as realistic as possible ;)

Its a good idea, but this wont be implemented in my trophy. :p

Although, saying that i am england, maybe i should. :)

Got to say that with Bangladesh having test status and all its a bit harsh to play them in a tournament against minnows!!!

Im surprised that Kenya aren't picked yet, but Im too busy to join :p

Updated! no sorry PC only, i should've stated, the balanced mode sounds good, and will probably be used unless people prefer not to?

Thanks to everyone who's applied, is there anyone who would like to help run it?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread