Mobile apps discussion

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Since I have bought new Android phone I would like to know which apps are you guys using.

Hers what I am using apart from what came in my phone:
Nimbuzz - for all in one messenger as it supports Skype too
JetVD - for downloading Youtube videos in MP4 format
Opera 5 beta browser
Dropbox - for sync with my Dropbox account
File Droid Pro - File manager
Realplayer
Videos

Last edited:
I am using Windows Mobile 6.5.3 and have the following apps:

1. Windows Live Messenger and Profile
2. Bing Mobile and Maps
3. moTweets
4. Facebook for Windows phone
5. spb mobile shell 3.5
6. MyPhone
7. Foursquare app for Windows phone
8. YouTube app for Windows phone (although I prefer running the videos on the IE itself)

How did you get foursquare?

I'm using Windows Mobile 6.5, Energy Rom on HTC Touch Pro having these apps:

1. Palringo
2. TomTom Navigator
3. Google Earth
4. Office mobile 2010 beta
5. Facebook mobile
6. Opera Mobile 9.7
7. Skype
8. Youtube

Apart from these, I'm using Microsoft Exchange to get mail from one of my inboxes.

Oh, and I've installed Blackberry Application Suite, but still to try it, because I don't have BB services activated on my Sim. Will do so when I'm in India. It's much cheaper ;)

Downloaded two apps today for gaming. SnesNoid and NesNoid for playing SNES and NES games. Works perfectly.

How did you get foursquare?

I'm using Windows Mobile 6.5, Energy Rom on HTC Touch Pro having these apps:

1. Palringo
2. TomTom Navigator
3. Google Earth
4. Office mobile 2010 beta
5. Facebook mobile
6. Opera Mobile 9.7
7. Skype
8. Youtube

Apart from these, I'm using Microsoft Exchange to get mail from one of my inboxes.

Oh, and I've installed Blackberry Application Suite, but still to try it, because I don't have BB services activated on my Sim. Will do so when I'm in India. It's much cheaper ;)

Foursquare App for Windows Mobile: WinMoSquare

He sid, what Android phone did you get?

I'm rocking the original G1, pimped out with Android 2.2 froyo and Apps2SD. Should hold me until october when my contract is done. Then I have a predicament...iPhone 4 or an Android phone...

Sony-Ericsson-XPERIA-X10-01.jpg

This one. What sucks is Android 1.6. I so need flash and even after software upgrade Xperia will have Android 2.1

Waiting for 2.2 to get stable and then will load it on my cell as currently it makes some feature not work on Xperia.

Found great app. Rock Player. It plays all video formats and brings DIVX playback to Android phones. So enjoy the avi videos now. Although its a beta expiring on 15th July.

How is the battery life on this Xperia? Since they have gone with IPS LCD display, I expect the power consumption to be much higher than AMOLED.

Its better now. Earlier hardly lasted 20 hours or so maybe the battery was getting used to. :p

Now I get 30 hours backup, usage is talking, SMS, Wi-Fi, Email, chat using Nimbuzz and Music. Wi Fi eats lot of battery. If left alone I think it will last 2 days on full charge.

I would die to get 20-30 hours on my Omnia 2 (AMOLED) right now. It gives me max 12-13 hours, although I do have HSDPA on continously running IM, Twitter and activesync push email.

I carry a spare Samsung battery in my wallet. Keep charging the phone while driving and at work.

Haha I have WAY too many apps on my Moto Droid to list. I'll put up the ones I use the most:

3banana (notes)
Advanced task killer
Air Control (game)
Amazon
Astro file manager
Car mode
Dolphin browser
drive safe.ly
E.Sports browser
Facebook
Geodelic
Gmail
Gesture Search
Handcent
Google Maps/Navigation
Mixzing (music)
Mobile Banking
Phoneflicks (Netflix)
weather channel
xkcdviewer
"Notepad" :ninja

Anyone knows of good email app which supports push email service. Moxier mail that came with my phone sucks. It costs $25 and that money off the phone would have been nice.

scion_sid added 1 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

Right now I am just using normal eMail app that came bundled with. It supports multiple accounts too but I do not like the interface.

Some please suggest me some good S60v5 apps for my Nokia 5233 :)

Funknath added 1 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Oh and a good site to download it also :)

Yet to find a decent game. Miss Brian Lara Cricket and Tiger Woods Golf. :(

Users who are viewing this thread