More proof of why Ricky Ponting is easily the greatest batsman of the modern era.

Any more posts on the Sachin vs Inzamam debate will be deleted and an infraction given for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Matthew Hayden is the only real cricketing god. :p

I'm joking zMario, I'll post it twice, just so you know for certain that I am joking.

Kumar Sangakkara and Mohammad Yousuf are minnow bashers. Take away the statistics from Bangladesh & Zimbabwe and then compare them Ponting.

Matthew Hayden is the only real cricketing god. :p

I'm joking zMario, I'll post it twice, just so you know for certain that I am joking.

Kumar Sangakkara and Mohammad Yousuf are minnow bashers. Take away the statistics from Bangladesh & Zimbabwe and then compare them Ponting.
To be fair, Pontings only played 7 tests vs Bangladesh and Zimbabwe, and he has quite high averages in those games.

Ponting is an excellent batsman, and very underrated. Also has an excellent average in wins - match-winner (not the Afridi type of match-winner :p)

Ponting is an excellent batsman, and very underrated. Also has an excellent average in wins - match-winner (not the Afridi type of match-winner :p)
Who underrates Ponting? Anyone who underrates Ponting should have their head dunked in steaming caramel.

Attachments

• Sachin vs RIcky.JPG
    Sachin vs RIcky.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 62
I like Tendulkar and all but from what I've seen Ponting's knocks always win Aussie games and Tendulkar always gets out with low scores when India need him to perform (barring the CB finals).

I like Tendulkar and all but from what I've seen Ponting's knocks always win Aussie games and Tendulkar always gets out with low scores when India need him to perform (barring the CB finals).
Thank God finally someone agrees with me (on the 2nd part of your post)

Younus as in Younus Khan ? I'd rate Pietersen and Jayawardene above him. I think the best batsmen of the modern era (not retired) are:

Ricky Ponting
Sachin Tendulkar
Jaques Kallis
Kumar Sangakkara
Kevin Pietersen

don't forget S Chanderpaul :hpraise

Wonder who was handing it to him ;). I meant statistics anyway look at the graph below. Sachin when he has his "off" time, goes down to the level of Ponting, other than that you can't really say anything against him except during 2006

We love Sachin :hpraise
Test cricket is 10 times harder then ODI cricket. Compare Ponting & Tendulkar on them.

Even if Ponting is better in test cricket, Sachin is better in ODIs. So I guess that makes it 1-1. They are both great.:)

Originally Posted by deerkick

If we begin begin to exclude every good knock he has played Ponting will obviously be better.;)
I ask out of curiosity, why do you not count the CB series mate?

Users who are viewing this thread