Most Memorable Moment

I thought Flintoff's close-eyed swipe (or as i like to call it the head glance) for six against brett lee. It was the egbaston test last year

Hoggard's hat-trick in Barbados was pretty memorable, and Harmison's 7 for 12 as well.

im sure edgbaston ashes test has alreayd been mentioned, even my brother (not a particularly big cricket fan) was jumping when we won

Lee's bowling at the old trafford test is one of the best spells ive ever seen (alas i dont have sky so what i got to watch was prett muhc england and the odd C&G match)

a non tv one, west indies are my adopted 2nd favourite cricketing nation (lara being my 2nd idol) watching the end of the 1st test of the current west indies vs india series on cricinfo and my pc crashed during the last over, then cheering when it had restarted and i saw it was a draw

ste_mc_efc said:
not old traffrd sorry,

the 4th test (Headingley?)

2nd (negland) innings

It was Trent Bridge, but I agree, it was a damn fine, courageous and almost match-winning performance, along with Warney.

On that note, McGrath's 5 wicket spell on the first day at Lord's 2005. Never bowled as good as that for the rest of the series due to injury. Luckily for us! :D

trent bridge THANK YOU

you have no idea how much that has bugged me these last 10 minutes,

i mean if we lost that test and Lee took most of the wickets, you could do nothing but clap, no matter how much it would have stung you just would have had to

evertonfan said:
I remember when McGrath had that confrontation with either Sarwan or Chanderpaul (not sure who) an there was some furious words being exchanged! Nice that the West Indies went on to win that match! :D

Just found a pic of it, and it was in fact Sarwan!

Lara's unbeaten 153 against the Aussies in 1999, especially the game winning cover drive off Dizzy. Amazing...he actually rates it as his best innings....

i stayed up till around 3:30am watching that SA vs Aus match, had plenty of corona to go around so all was well though. I fell over laughing when mick lewis stuffed it (no.1 mick lewis hater right here)

My best moment was the first game id ever been too, it was the one where shane warne and alec stewart (I think) had to come over to the crowd right where i was sitting to try and make us stop. That single moment has been etched in my childhood memories and its the single reason i still follow cricket. MY GOD THAT WAS A HUGE MEXICAN WAVE!!!!!

Heres the list of my memories that are most memorable

1) Asif getting Sehwag in 3rd Test - 4th Inns
2) Asif getting Laxman in 3rd Test - 4th Inns
3) Asif's 10 for against Sri Lanka
4) Malik's 148 vs Sri Lanka (PURE CLASS)
5) Malik's 144 vs India in Asia Cup
6) Inzamam's 10,000th run in ODIs (vs India - ICC Ch. Trophy)
7) Pakistan beating Australia - 8th ODI in VB Series
8) Shahid Afridi's 100 in 37 balls and 45 balls
9) Pakistan vs India 2005 - 4th ODI
10) Pakistan beating India in Allianz Cup 2006 Test Series.

Well, it is the moments that are most memorable to him, so he can pick Pakistan moments if he so wishes.

I'm just kiddin'. No hard feelings zMario, I respect your opinions. :cheers

Some more memrble moments for me,

1) Boucher dropping a catch of Stephen Fleming in WC2003 while NZ chasing 330plus runs and infact fleming single handedly took the team to victory though win came after Dckwrth Lewis rules!!!! That is one of the reason to force SA out of the tournament, proving " Catches Win Matches "

2) Astle's fastest double hundred against England...wow what a innings that was :hpraise eventhough NZ lost that...almost two or three balls went out of the stadium....Caddick was the most punished by Astle!!!

3) Harbhajan's hatrick against Aussies.

4) Laxman's classic 280plus that brought the victory to India after following on!!!

5) Coco cola cup finals between India and Pakistan( dnt rembr the yr) where Ganguly's century,RobinSingh's 80, Sachin's quick 40 and Kanitkar's victory runs brought first record for chasing succesfully the target of 310plus.

6) India Vs Pakistan in WC2003 where Sachin took Akthar off the attack after smashing him severely in his very first over....I still remebr that six :hpraise

7) Venkatesh Prasad's wicket of Aamir Sohail in WC96 quarter finals where Prasad took that wicket the very next ball after Sohail showed some signs to Prasad.. That was a sweet revenge.

8) Ponting's Knock in WC2003 final...That was a superb innings by the captain.

9) Kenya's victory against SriLanka in WC2003.

:happy :happy :happy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread