Mouseydread's Classic Cricket Teams

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Also have uploaded the West Indies Classic 1960s era team. After losing an exciting 5 test series in Australia 1-2 in 1960/61 season, the Windies rattled off 5 consecutive Test Series wins, they beat

H vs India 5-0
A vs England 3-1
H v Australia 2-1
A vs England 3-1
A vs India 2-0

Their run was stopped by England's 1967 Tour to the West Indies where England triumphed 1-0.

This signaled the end of an era. The Windies would not be a force again in Test cricket until they returned to England in 1973.

During the 1960s the Windies were packed with talent which was reflected in the West Indies early to mid decade excellence.

Worrell started the decade as a veteran captain, along with genius allrounder Gary Sobers, they were joined by opener Conrad Hunte, the dashing strokeplay of Rohan Kanhai, the consistent Basil Butcher and the explosive Seymour Nurse. The keeping is well stocked with first Gerry Alexander, followed by Jackie Hendricks and the emerging talent of Deryck Murray.

As a 1-2 bowling partnership not too many in history are as lethal and frightening as Wes Hall and Charlie Griffith. Along with former world record wicket taker, off spinner Lance Gibbs the Windies could take apart any team. The fielding in this team was top notch with Sobers, Hunte, Hendricks and Joe Solomon catching the eye.

On the bench so to speak along with keeper Murray, are Clive Lloyd, Joey Carew, David Holford, Easton McMorris, Cammie Smith, Stephen Camacho, Chester Watson, Charlie and Bryan Davis.

This era will spawn the individual teams for tours.

West Indies 60/61 - A classic side led by Frank Worrell which lost to Australia down under, but played some of the most exciting cricket seen in cricket and played in the first ever tied test.
West Indies 1963 - Another classic side led by Sir Frank which dominated England.

Previously uploaded West Indies 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, 1950s,.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded West Indies 1970s! I tinkered with this for some time, as I'm getting used to the face editor, still no where where Id like to be but its getting better! What can anyone say about the West indies 1970s other than they were stacked. The batting at the beginning of the decade relied on Fredricks as a dashing opener and West indies vets, Kanhai and Sobers, but a new generation would emerge that would become household names in international cricket. Richards, Rowe, Kallicharran, and Greenidge, and in bowling, Vanburn Holder who had carried the burden early the decade had seen a whole new generation join and then surpass him the ranks. Roberts, Holding, Garner, Croft, Daniel and Clarke.

The scary thing is with the addition of Marshall, Haynes, Richardson Walsh, and Dujon the team would get even better in the 1980s.

Nonetheless during the 1970s, the Windies won 2 One day World cup trophies.

This is a highly competitive team and I have done my best to create a Test Lineup based on runs and wickets, but there are many players to choose from.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
@Mouseydread
Hi, could you please make 2004 around Australian team and their jerseys ??

Thanks
I am just finishing the West Indies legends (with some other legends thrown in - I am working on 80s legends) then I will go to Australia by decade, I'll start with the 2000s. Eventually I will have all of Australia. In the meantime I will create some players from that era sooner so look out for them. Cheers!

gamu

Club Captain
I am just finishing the West Indies legends (with some other legends thrown in - I am working on 80s legends) then I will go to Australia by decade, I'll start with the 2000s. Eventually I will have all of Australia. In the meantime I will create some players from that era sooner so look out for them. Cheers!
@Mouseydread Thanks a lot :). These games become more enjoyable because of you guys. Thanks again :)

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Updated and uploaded West Indies 1980s.

Mostly players from 1970s (Greenidge, Richards, Lloyd, Holding, Roberts, Garner), morphed in the double "Black wash" teams of the mid 1980s.

The team now includes, Marshall, Haynes, Richardson, Dujon, Bacchus, Harper, Logie, Hooper and Walsh mixed in with old guys.

Ive updated Andy Roberts you may want to re-download.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded a World 1980s Squad with many stars from the 1980s.

In addition to some I've already uploaded like many of the West Indians from the era. Other stars like Lillee and Thomson, the Chappell brothers and Marsh who all crossed over the 70s, Imran, Javed, Kapil Dev, Mohinder Armanarth, Shastri, Vengsarkar, Gavaskar, Hadlee. John Wright, Martin Crowe, Botham, Gatting, Gower, Willis, Dilley, Gooch and many more. I will keep updating this squad as time permits.

I tend to uploaded key players all the time and update them as I go along.

So if you have already got the player (my player) you may want to replace with the newer version.

This team is currently rated 89!

I'm hoping like in previous years. @wasteyouryouth does his facial updates of some of these players and @blockerdave releases his rebels teams!

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread