Murray Walker quotes

Gibbsrules

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
All who have watched motor racing should remember the voice behind F1,Murray Walker,a man known better for his blunders than anything else.Here are some classics!

"Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?"

"Alboreto has dropped back up to fifth place"

"I can't imagine what kind of problem Senna has. I imagine it must be some sort of grip problem"

"He is shedding buckets of adrenalin in that car"

"So Bernie [Ecclestone], in the seventeen years since you bought McLaren, which of your many achievements do you think was the most memorable ?" Bernie Answers, "Well I don't remember buying McLaren." [Bernie Ecclestone used to own the Brabham team].

Murray: "What's that? There's a BODY on the track!!!"
James: "Um, I think that that is a piece of BODY-WORK, from someone's car."

"I don't want to tempt fate but Damon Hill is now only half a lap from his first Grand Prix win and..and HE'S SLOWING DOWN, DAMON HILL IS SLOWING DOWN..HE'S..HE'S STOPPED."

"...Cruel luck for Alesi, second on the grid. That's the first time he had started from the front row in a Grand Prix, having done so in Canada earlier this year..."

"And there's the man in the green flag!"

Murray: And look at the flames coming from the back of Berger's McLaren
James: Actually, Murray, they're not flames, it's the safety light.

"...and there's no damage to the car.....except to the car itself."

"This is an interesting circuit because it has inclines, and not just up, but down as well."

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

"Tambay's hopes , which were nil before, are absolutely zero now."

"You can't see a digital clock because there isn't one."

"The Italian GP at Monaco..."

"...the enthusiastic enthusiasts..."

"As you can see, visually, with your eyes..."

"Andrea de Cesaris...the man who has won more Grands Prix than anyone else without actually winning one of them."

"And we have had 5 races so far this year, Brazil, Argentina, Imola, Schumacher and Monaco!"

"And Damon Hill is coming into the pit lane, yes it's Damon Hill coming into the Williams pit, and Damon Hill in the pit, no it's Michael Schumacher! "

"Mansell is slowing it down, taking it easy. Oh no he isn't! It's a lap record."

"Into lap 53, the penultimate last lap but one"

"There are a lot of IFs in Formula One, in fact IF is Formula One backwards!"

"And that just shows you how important the car is in Formula One Racing."

"A battle is developing between them. I say developing, because it's not yet on."

"A sad ending, albeit a happy one."

"And Edson Arantes di Nascimento, commonly known to us as Pele, hands the award to Damon Hill, commonly known to us as Damon Hill."

"And Michael Schumacher is actually in a very good position. He is in last place."

"And now, excuse me while I interrupt myself."

"And there's no damage to the car - except to the car itself."

"Are they on a one-stopper? Are they on a two? And when I say they, who do I mean? Well, I don't know. It could be anybody."

"Either the car is stationary, or it's on the move."

"Even in five years time, he will still be four years younger than Damon Hill."

"Fantastic! There are four different cars filling the first four places."

"He can't decide whether to leave his visor half open or half closed. "

"I don't know what happened, but there was a major malmisorganization problem there."

"I should imagine that the conditions in the cockpit are totally unimaginable."

"I've no idea what Eddie Irvine's orders are, but he's following them superlatively well."

"If the gloves weren't off before, and they were, they sure are now!"

"In twelfth and thirteenth, the two Jaguars of Eddie Irvine."

"It looks as though this year there will be seventeen Grands Prix for the World Championship, compared with the traditional seventeen."

"Now he must not go the wrong way round the circuit, and unless he can spin himself stationary through 360 degrees I fail to see how he can avoid doing so."

"Prost can see Mansell in his earphones."

"So this being Michael Schumacher's 10th race in his 151st year in F1."

"That's history. I say history because it happened in the past."

"The boot's on the other Schumacher now!"

"The lead car is unique, except for the one behind it which is identical."

"There are seven winners of the Monaco Grand Prix on the starting line today, and four of them are Michael Schumacher."

"There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire."

"This will be Williams' first win since the last time a Williams won."

"Well, now we have exactly the same situation as at the beginning of the race, only exactly opposite."

"You can cut the tension with a cricket stump."

"You might not think that's cricket, and it's not, it's motor racing."

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Aye, I always turn to my bookmarks to look at these elsewhere when I want a laugh.

Gibbsrules

Club Cricketer
Heres some more for u guys.

He's obviously gone in for a wheel change. I say obviously because I can't see it

Anything happens in Grand Prix racing and it usually does

As you look at the first four, the significant thing is that Alboreto is 5th

It's raining and the track is wet

and this is the third placed car about to lap the second placed car

they say clothes maketh the man... the clothes are Niki Laudas, but the contents are me..." as Murray prepares to take a drive in a F1 car." [He gets a total distance of... oh, 1 foot before he stalls it.]

How did you get that nasty bumb on your head Nigel?" [Nigel leans forward to show the camera as Murray pokes it with his finger !] Nigel: "OWCH!!"

Ah! Now here's Senna in the pits (for the black flag). No point in saying I wish I could lip read: I can't even see his lips! There's Ron Dennis bending over at the right. This is A-! Out gets Senna! For whatever reason and I just hope we can get a message about this. I hope we can get a message. Ayrton Senna with, with rage and impotent fury etched in every line of his body, reluctantly drags himself out of the McLaren." (In reality Senna calmly stepped out of the car and walked away.)

The Jordan factory is at the factory gates

the lead is now 6.9 seconds. In fact it's just under 7 seconds

"...and Blundell is doing very well in sixth position...in fact he's lapping 2.5 seconds faster than Blundell who is in fifth position

Schumacher's appeal for ignoring the chequered flag is next Tuesday
Martin's got a bald spot - he won't be pleased..." (Germany, 1994, as Brundle retires, and climbs out of the car. Murray stops talking about the broken McLaren as soon as he sees Martin's head)

"...and Andretti is going very slowly - he must have an electrical problem of some sort... "(Andretti is touring on three wheels, having hit something solid)
[PF: this reminds me of several Ferrari retirements which were described as "electrical problems". Mechanics would give the lie to this saying things like "yes, it was an electrical problem. A conrod went through the block and knocked the distributor off!"]

Eddie Irvine with smoke pouring up from the eng...I suspect something's locked up and he's out of the race

Michael Schumacher leading Damon Hill by four tenths of a second or so, because it's moving...[cut to Hill under Schu's rear wing] AND THAT'S NOT
FOUR TENTHS OF A SECOND! That's Michael Schumacher!"

And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool(corner at monaco)

From the Spanish GP 1995: "and Eddie Jordan is in fifth place"... (actually Eddie Irvine in one of his compatriot Eddie Jordan's cars).

"And here comes Berger, out of Tabac and into the swimming pool."-Gerhard wasn't emulating Alberto Ascari, however, and carried on past the swimming pool!

The Benetton handling superbly as ever. Williams have worked very very hard on this car at the beginning of the season."

A dry line is appearing in the tunnel

Fire!Fire!,Diniz in the oven!

Then a classic:
And just to avoid any confusion,Hakkinen is first,Coulthard second,Hakkinen third.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread