Must read for all BLIC haters and Ck2k5 Lovers

farazzio

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Okay then, to be very honest with you, i havent played BLIC yet
but a game i have played QUITE a few times is EA SPORTS CRICKET 2005.
WHAT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GAME
first let me share the realism of this game with you, aspect by aspect.
first lets talk about AI batting

On green pitches, i always manage to restrict teams for a very low total .. 50-60 max ... on medium difficulty .. in 50 over games ... whether it be australia, windies, england whatever...realistic isnt it? ... and how? ... not by getting edges or anything .. but the super realistic AI hits the ball as cleanly as possible to the boundary fielders .. on a green wicket i.e. ..
AI bats perfectly well .. right according to the game scenario .. e.g. if batting first it loses a couple of early wickets ... it doesnt do the unrealistic thing by going into its shell and defend... no sir ... but what it does is what every other team on the planet would do ... SLOG ...slog like anything ... in a 50 over game on a green wicket with 3,4 wickets down for 10 runs ... unbelievably realistic innit?

Now lets move onto a hard wicket .... i steam into ball a reverse swinging yorker ... now obviously everyone knows that the most unrealistic shot off such a ball would be a block right or an inside edge ... surprisingly enough .. EVEN the AI knows that ... and accordingly .. smacks me over the top of either mid on or mid off or sometimes even midwicket for a SIX ... impressed? .. i am truly ... most realistic game ever....... oh yeah .. the computer does it from the first ball ... hit sixes i.e. ... but quite realistically enough ... when i take the same team .. i cant even seem to clear the circle if i try to slog .... realistic and fair isnt it? .. thats what i truly love about this game ... fair for both AI and human players .... just love it

and obviously ... every single rule book in the cricket game says that its impossible for a batsman to pierce the offside field if there are three fielders in the circle on the offside ... regardless of how well set you are ... i continue to be impressed by this game ... oh and obviously ... what rule book says that when chasing a 300+ total you must make full use of the first 15 overs and go for it from the beginning ... no sir .. you must always take 10-15 balls to get 2,3 runs down to deep fine leg or long leg ... and then hole out after a while ... cos obviously its impossible to score fours along the ground or to most areas of the ground .... truly fantastic

and umpires ... obviously ... the rule book clearly states that anything that goes by chest height must be given a no ball in odi cricket .... spot on ... and if you make room to hit on the offside and the ball misses the leg stump it must be called a wide .. spot on again

bowling .... absolutely fantastic to see fast bowlers bowl most of their deliveries at 135-140 .... and swing ... who says that the batsman must get confused by the swing and seam... i havent any cricket game in real life in which a batsman gets beaten by swing and seam .... and same applies for this game ... so damn realistic ... the AI batsman NEVER gets beaten by swing and seam movement .. not even human for that matter.

and obviously .. just like in real life cricket ... you cant move around the crease once the bowler has started his action .. no sir you cannot ... very well captured by the game .... and square cut? ... IMPOSSIBLE to play in real life ... so impossible to play in cricket 2005 as well ...ever seen gilly play a square cut? or inzy? or anyone? ... truly amazing ... and just like in real life .. you can only hit sixes and fours over mid on, straight and square leg ... unless ofcourse the bowler varies his line and length .. now how often do you see bowlers vary their line and length in real cricket ? ... never right? .. you never see any loseners or short balls right... same in cricket 2005 ... every ball is a perfect line and length delivery .. or if not that... its straight in front of the stumps .. so that it becomes impossible to play on the offside since you cant move the batsman once the mark appears .. amazingly realistic

In real life .. if you see just one fielder on the boundary on the offside .... ull try to hit the ball right over his head rather than hitting in other empty areas right? .. thats what the Batting AI does .. only tries to clear that one fielder on the offside ... fantastic ..... why hit the ball towards and empty square area ... when you can hit it to the cover boundary where theres a fielder... realism at a max .....

i am so overwhelmed by this game that i just dont have the stamina to discuss bowling and fielding in detail right now and a lot of other fantastic batting points .... just totally blown away by this game.... my suggestion to everyone is ... GO FOR CRICKET 2005 ... HATS OFF TO EA SPORTS ... CRICKET 2000, 2002, 2004 and NOW CRICKET 2005 ... GEM AFTER GEM ... THE BEST CRICKET GAMES EVER .. Brian Lara Cricket? .. whats that? ... C2k5 ALL THE WAY!

farazzio said:
HATS OFF TO EA SPORTS ... CRICKET 2000, 2002, 2004 and NOW CRICKET 2005 ... GEM AFTER GEM ... THE BEST CRICKET GAMES EVER ...

Hmm. You've rather undermined your whole arguement with that point.

Why is it in the BLIC forum either! Perhaps there should be a BLIC v C2005 forum so all these debates can continue without getting mixed up on the wrong forums!

barmyarmy ... dont tell me you think i'm serious when i say that?

I think that praising all EA cricket games regardless discredits your arguement as there have been major flaws with some of the games you just mentioned.
C2000 was a patched version of C99 and still awful. C2k2 was a great game but still had big AI probs + lack of shot variation etc
C2k4 was massively buggy in major areas e.g. runout bug, lineup bug, rain bug and C2k5 is just a rushed release of C2k6, still lacking in the features we were promised for C2k4 and still with the same problems about shot placement variety and pacing etc.
That said I will continue to strive to make it playable and more realistic so hopefully people like me can actually enjoy it.

@Ste: One thread would be amazing and we could close all the others!

barmyarmy ... have you even read my post? .. or did you just read the last few lines... .if you would read the post u would find out that i havent written one good thing about cricket 2005! .. i absolutely hate cricket 2005 from the core of my heart ... it gives the sport of cricket a bad name ... thats my opinion .. i was just trying to convey my message in a sarcastic manner :)

farazzio said:
barmyarmy ... have you even read my post? .. or did you just read the last few lines... .if you would read the post u would find out that i havent written one good thing about cricket 2005! .. i absolutely hate cricket 2005 from the core of my heart ... it gives the sport of cricket a bad name ... thats my opinion .. i was just trying to convey my message in a sarcastic manner :)

Sorry, my sarcasm metre must need some adjustment. I didn't read your post other than the caps at the end, as likewise I've given up reading most of the BLIC vs EA posts and thus didn't notice anything untoward :p

farazzio

If you think this game is unrealistic, you are on for a big suprise with BLIC...

some valid points....i think. Theres so much sarcasm, its really quite hard to understand what you are saying lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread