My Review

ronaldo7777

PC Journalism Contest Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ive had the game for just over a day now. Its amazing. I actually look forward to bowling more than batting but there both excellant.

I started with England with a World Tour of South Africa. The menus look and feel amazing. I created two players. Ian Bell and Chris Tremlett. I started off on village mode. The game feels great. As for the commentary the commentators dont appear to change over the course of a match but the will be different each match. I lost the toss and was put into bowl.

One thing with the created players (especially the fast bowlers) they start off bowling incredibly slow. I was on the line bowling 35 mph with Tremlett. It doesnt really take much from it though because over the course of my games as I take wickets and improve his stats he gets faster.

Its brilliant though. I kinda screwed up up with the selection because I failed to realise that you press Y to switch players not A.

To the Match: Its very quick. There is no need for autoplay. I can bowl an over ( As long as I dont get hit) in about ninty seconds. You have to work hard for your wickets but the satisfaction of getting someone out (especially if its Smith or Kallis). The nicks are brilliantly done. And The Hawkeye is well placed at the end of each over. One little niggle is the easyness of the tumbling 9 , 10 and 11 over. This should get harder as you go up the levels.

I bowled them out for 190. So then to bat. Its amazingly done. I came out and dominated Pollock. But I had no anwser for Ntini. He was bowling beautifully. The special balls are hard to face and your confidence and timing must be right to send one flying to the boundary.

The commentary is refreshing. And the lack of real faces doesnt devalue the game rather give it more value when your in licensed

My overall rating: 9.1/10

Needs licencing to give it the extra umph.

excellent review.. and i agree with you 100%

agree 100% with you there ...

its such refreshingly different compared to ALL past cricket games..

lots of different extras to keep you interested in the game

When i first played it, which was just over an hour ago i was bowling first , and thought here we go again, be ready to be bored to death..

i loved bowling , and just to make it that little more exciting when bowling, you have teh fielding also..

Batting is truely remarkable , so different compared to past games

Ive gotta say when people have it bad reviews i was tempted not to purchase it , what was i thinking , this is awsome

Nice to know that you liked the game ;) , I wish to get mine as soon as it avaliable. There are some goods and some bads, but overall I should think it is the best cricket game. Hopefully the next version will be even better :D

There are bugs. But there not as heavy as EAs and they are accounted for in other ways.

hey ronaldo it seems like u are very good at bowling can you give me some tips

n hav u tried it on test level yet its realy hard to bat on and i just wanted to know if othas felt the same

With Bowling you have to bowl intelligantly. Get on top of the batsman and lower their confidence. There isnt a 'wicket line and length' youve got to bowl to a field and give the batsman as little as you can. The wicket helps aswell. (You can Use a artificial wicket). Bowl good lengths and throw in the yorkers and bouncers on the odd occasion. If you mix up the speed you will certainly trouble the batsmen.

With spinners its just keeping the batsman on his toes. Frustrate him and he will eventually play rash shots.

Users who are viewing this thread