National Anthems at CT 09

shefellover93

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hopefully someone will read this thread and get ours right next time!

God save our gracious Queen
Long live our noble Queen
God save our Queen.
Send her victorious
Happy and glorious
Long to reign over us
God save our Queen.

Skater added 1 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

Over here we just had the tune, no lyrics.

Just as well they made a mess of it. English national anthem is by far and away the worst I've ever heard. Just people shouting, typical imperial rubbish!!!

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I hate having the National Anthem before games, so boring and long.

You crazy. Maybe it's just me. I'm a pretty patriotic guy, really gets me excited when they play the national anthems. Especially in big games like India vs Pakistan.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am too but its so long and boring and we've heard it a million times.... Maybe its just because I hate waiting for a match to start...

P

pcfan123

I am too but its so long and boring and we've heard it a million times.... Maybe its just because I hate waiting for a match to start...

I like the national anthems being played at international matches as its country vs country.

However I hate it when they play it at NFL or MLB games, I mean we are all from the same country when its a domestic game, why are we singing it . Something really Orwellian about 50000 people chanting mindlessly.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I like the national anthems being played at international matches as its country vs country.

However I hate it when they play it at NFL or MLB games, I mean we are all from the same country when its a domestic game, why are we singing it . Something really Orwellian about 50000 people chanting mindlessly.
YES! That is another pet hate, we do it as well for finals games.

Hooper added 1 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

YES! That is another pet hate, we do it as well for finals games of AFL.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors

Not to mention that the Americans can really butcher their anthem if they want to. I pity anyone who tries to sing along with some of those performances :noway

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Who's Himesh?

Himesh Reshmmaiya. He is a popular music composer and singer in India. Better if it was explained while his name was pulled up.

Actually, singing the National anthem before an international game could do good to charge up a player. Its a country vs country battle on the field and at times players could be charged up knowing that they are playing for their country. especially indian guys who get emotional most often when our national anthem is sung/heard could benefit more (although it depends on the individual and his personality).

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread