NBA Fans

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Any NBA basketball fans out here? just checkin! Well if you are, whaddya have to say about the big controversy in the NBA now--the pacers suspensions? If you don't know what I'm talking about, the Pistons and Pacers recently got into a fight at the end of their game (bout 1.5 weeks ago).

Jermaine O'Neal (their main forward) got suspended 25 games, Stephen Jackson (guard) got suspended 30 games and Ron Artest got suspended the rest of the season. Ben Wallace of the Pistons who aggravated the incident got suspended...6 games.

All very controversial material and if any basketball fans are here, I'm sure yall wanna comment on it.

Rangeela

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah its was all over the news last friday. I personally think it was fan fault when he threw the ice cup at Ron Artest which started the fight. have you heard any lawsuits yet?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
The season is drawing to a close with just about 12-13 games to go for each team and this is basically the race to the playoffs. So far three teams have qualified to the playoffs--Miami from the East and Phoenix and San Antonio from the West. Meanwhile, it looks like some big names like New Jersey, LA Lakers and Minnesota will not be qualifying. This will be a big blow for teams who have traditionally done well in the post-season.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

This news is a real shocker. I knew nothing about it. Those are hefty suspensions for all. The NBA should never have an image of fighting. :noway

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Haha that's old news though. The Pacers still played pretty well, in the end. At the moment the playoff races are like this:

EAST:
1. Miami (Southeast Division Champions, qualified)
2. Detroit
3. Boston
4. Washington
5. Chicago
6. Cleveland
7. Indiana
8. Philadelphia
9. Orlando (1 game behind Philly)
10. New Jersey (1.5 games behind Philly)

WEST
1. Phoenix (Pacific Division Champions, qualified)
2. San Antonio (qualified)
3. Seattle (qualified)
4. Dallas
5. Houston
6. Sacramento
7. Denver
8. Memphis
9. Minnesota (2.5 games behind Memphis)
10. Lakers (4.5 games behind Memphis)

At the moment Lakers and Minnesota are chasing the 8th playoff spot (who would have thought it?) while New Jersey is trying to pull a card from their sleeve. New Jersey were Eastern Conference finalists, I think, last year. :S

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
With just about 3 games left, the playoff qualifiers are more or less set. But, and here's the big news, NEW JERSEY NETS have a chance to qualify. They are just a game behind Cleveland. If Cleveland drops one and NJ wins one, they'll be even and then it will be a race to the end. Meanwhile, in the West its Twolves vs Memphis for that last spot. Exciting stuff.

vibs89

School Cricketer
Man that was real shock. To be Honest i had fun while watching them fighting Ben Wallace and whoever the other kid is. I love when Ben wallace punched other Kid( whoever it was.)

Last edited:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Weird. Not exactly basketball. T-mac's good but I'm not a particular fan of him now if he eliminates the Mavericks from the playoffs.

Big_Boss

Club Cricketer
It has been a long time when I stopped watching Basketball - What happened to Lakers? and Is Shack O' Neal Playing Good on Heaters? Is Kobe Bryant playing good or is he just ball huging? (Last time I watched was when Lakers Lost from Pistons in the Finals)

:) Go Lakers!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Lakers have not qualified for the 2005 Playoffs. The current series results are:

Western Conference Semi-Finals
Dallas Mavericks 2-3 Phoenix Suns
San Antonio Spurs 4-2 Seattle SuperSonics

Eastern Conference Semi-Finals
Miami Heat 4-0 Washington Wizards
Indian Pacers 4-2 Detroit Pistons

Last edited:

gold639

International Coach
Well,the Pistons/Heat series should be interesting.Its tied 1-1 right now.

I'm a fan of Steve Nash so I want Phoenix to beat Spurs,but that seems very unlikely,they're 0-2 behind

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Eastern Conference is too defense-oriented for my liking. Sure, it's good technical basketball, but it gets boring when you win a game like 80-60 (not that that's happened that much, this year). I personally detest the Pistons. :) Mavericks were my hope, now I'm going for Phoenix. What would really suck is a Spurs-Pistons final, which is what it is looking like now.

rahulk666

International Cricketer
I think Spurs and Duncan especially will come out all guns blazing to win the Western Conference today. Go Spurs!!

gold639

International Coach
sohummisra said:
I personally detest the Pistons. :)

And I personally detest the Mavericks :)

sohummisra said:
What would really suck is a Spurs-Pistons final, which is what it is looking like now

Spurs are now in the final,they beat Phoenix today :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread