Netherlands/Holland

Dutchmen

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
If we progress this year and continue to play the same sort of cricket we played in that game against English, we give ourselves a real chance of at least reaching quarter finals. :spy

Dipak

ICC Board Member
They beat England in the World T20I opening match at Lords
Don't remind meh of that. :facepalm
I love it when minnows like the Dutch and the Irish defeat major teams leaving England.

Also do Holland get to pick nannes if he isn't in the Aussie squad

cric_mas

School Cricketer
Netherlands Squad :
Peter Borren (C)
Adeel Raja
Wesley Berresi (WK)
Mudassar Bukhari
Atse Buurman (WK)
Tom Cooper
Tom de Grooth
Alexei Kervezee
Bradley Kruger
Bernardus Loots
Pieter Seelaar
Eric Szwarczynski
Ryan ten Doeschate
Berend Westdijk
Bas Zuiderent

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I'd say the Dutch do have a chance of making the knockouts here. If they beat Ireland and Bangladesh and stun one of the top guns, they are very in running for a quarters berth.

Also, its actually quite easy to pull off an upset win. Group B is full of chokers- India, South Africa, West Indies and England.:p

angryangy

ICC Chairman
An injured Peter Borren will, pending approval, make way for West Australian top order batsman Michael Swart. Although an accomplished club cricketer, the left hander is still relatively new to first class cricket and does not bring much one-day experience, but has been considered for some time to be one of the best players holding a Dutch passport.

Owzat

International Coach
Not sure T20 has any relevance whatsoever to the prospects of the Dutch doing well in a 50 over competition.

I'd say the Dutch do have a chance of making the knockouts here. If they beat Ireland and Bangladesh and stun one of the top guns, they are very in running for a quarters berth.

Also, its actually quite easy to pull off an upset win. Group B is full of chokers- India, South Africa, West Indies and England.:p

I'd say Bangladesh and Ireland are both beatable, but just because they are beatable doesn't mean Holland will beat them. I'd be quite shocked if Holland made it to knockouts. But FWIW Holland have beaten Bangladesh in their only head to head, but then again Bangladesh beat Australia ONCE in an ODI so it's hardly significant. Ireland on the other hand lead 5-1 in ODIs with one no result.

Holland beat Ireland in their 2nd meeting, the 1st being the no result. Ireland have won five on the bounce since. In that Dutch win Reekers scored 104 in a 46 over total/match in which Holland posted 260/7. Porterfield 84 and Morgan 94 put on 153 for the 2nd wicket before Ireland collapsed from 195/1 to 254/8. Ten Doeschate took 4/56.

Third head to head saw Ireland win by one run in a low scorer (210/8 vs 209/6)

Fourth head to head saw Holland skittled for 142 and Ireland won by seven wickets with 21 overs in hand.

Fifth head to head saw Ireland win by 39 runs having skittled Holland for 138

Sixth head to head saw Ireland post 275/6 with Wilson scoring 113, Holland scored just 205 in reply

Seventh head to head saw Holland really struggle in scoring just 125, Ireland chased it down losing just one wicket and taking just 20.3 overs.

The last three ODI head to heads were July and August last year so relevant and recent. THAT win over Bangladesh was also July last year, BUT it was reduced to 30 overs a side and Bangladesh's 199 was not a bad total.

All in all there's little evidence Holland will reign supreme over Bangladesh or Ireland or both.

Kabooka

International Cricketer
I like Netherlands, they serve good H*** Brownies .

Go Orange Go !!!

Users who are viewing this thread