New Australian 2012 Kits [Vomit]

timchrist984

Club Captain
Alright, I was watching tv and the news came on. The first thing I see is Cameron White in an awful black and greenish gold T-shirt. I think to myself, is this a joke? I turns out not. I looked online and saw a couple of articles about the new 2012 kits. Here are 2 articles I found:

A black day for Aussie cricket | thetelegraph.com.au and Cricket Australia > Latest News > News

It turns out that these kits are manufactured by by Asics instead of Addidas. I realize that what cricketers wear doesn't affect the way they play, but the only word I could think of to describe the new T20 kit was vomit. Does anyone actually like any of the kits? I don't mind the test kit, but I think the other 3, (T20, Home ODI, Away ODI) are awful. What does everyone think?

093316-cameron-white.jpg

A picture of Healy, Copeland, Clarke, White and Harris wearing the new kits.​

It's looking pretty good. Although I have to admit, the previous t20 kit was better.

They're fine to me, T20 one looks a bit weird but I'm not fussed.

The T20 kit design actually looks good and is the best of what we have worn so far just black isn't our colour.

Are you serious? It looks rubish! The shirt below was the best one we've ever worn. It's been all downhill since then.

57804.jpg

But that's very subjective. There have been dozens of yellow and green shirts with pretty similar styles; what makes that one special?

Nothing really, it's just the shirt the Aussies wore when I first got in to cricket (when I was 7). I do really prefer a canary yellow shirt over some weird black one.

Cameron White highlighted the benefits of a black kit, by referencing the fact that black is slimming. Useful.

I didn't like the fluro green bits on the last one, but otherwise they made good use of the dark green and even seemed to relish the big kfc logo by creating a shape that looks like wickets. The one before copped a lot because it was different, but ultimately it was quite a simple design with a neutral palette. I still think it's very interesting that they talk about the commercial viability of the new one, when half the country is a market for collarless, sleeveless guernseys. Maybe the designs aren't the issue.

The main thing I hated about the last two was it looked like some basketball jersey rather than a shirt. Colour wise the last one is good apart from the florescent green you mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread