New Brian Lara Cricket game to be developed in-house?

Ste

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Planetcricket.net believe that new Brian Lara Cricket game from Codemasters will be developed in-house by Codemasters and not by an external developer. Brian Lara International Cricket 2005 was developed by Swordfish Studioes but they have since been bought by Vivendi.

codemasters.gif

This looks more likely now that Codemasters have started advertising for 8 cricket programmers on their website (here). Brian Lara Cricket (1999) was also developed in house by Codemasters but most of the development team responsible for this game left to join HB Studios/EA Sports to work on their Cricket game.

The game is expected to be released in March 2007 to coincide with the Cricket World Cup 2007.

gaurav_indian

International Coach
That's a great news mate.Hope they will improve this time with real kits and faces.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
thats a cool game name for a fact, this will be way better then Next EA Sports Cricket game, all eyes on this. I am sure they will officialy get rights for WC2007 stuff kits Names Brands etc...

usy

Chairman of Selectors
iceman_waugh said:
They already have the rights for all ICC tournaments.
yeah, i know , i was a lille' bit exited,lol, ....

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Its amazing that you can earn ?30,000 developing a cricket game for a big company like Codemasters and legend_master is doing it for nothing with The Cricket Project.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Money doesn?t matter some times?

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
This is great news.

Brian Lara/Ricky Ponting Internation Cricket - March 2007?
Cricket 2006/7 - Mid 2007?
The Cricket Project - Late 06/Early 07?
Howzat Cricket Manager - Late 06?

They all seem to be coming in about the same time. This must be a sign for the best World Cup ever! :p

Users who are viewing this thread