New details on Cricket 2005...

GattbWarne4

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
...from the EA Cricket site (http://easports.co.uk/products.view.asp?id=6728)

"Extra features

Cricket 2005 features 13 tournament modes in total plus a Training Nets mode and Play Now mode to get a quick Exhibition match under way.

Australian and English domestic competitions. English County Cricket in Cricket 2005 now features the Twenty20 Cup.

Domestic limited overs competitions feature the ?Free Hit? rule.

My Cricket allows the user to easily keep track of their stats and achievements as well as customize game settings. Includes Squad Management feature which allows you to assign one-day shirt numbers for players in all the teams or edit the squads.

EA Trax music soundtrack

End of innings Highlights playback : allows you to review dismissals once the innings is completed.

All player career stats update while playing tournaments

Select your First XI before each match based on player ratings, form and team morale. Also view Pitch and Weather conditions before selecting your line-up and entering the match.

View player form charts during tournaments to keep track of who is playing well and who isn?t.

Revamped bowling control system. Each Bowler has a realistic repertoire of deliveries. The better their ability, the greater the variety of deliveries they can bowl with.

The bowler will lose stamina after bowling a long spell of overs and slowly become more erratic the more tired he gets. The Stamina gauge which is part of the bowler?s on-screen display will allow you to keep track of when to give him a rest and make a change.

The Batting confidence meter displays how set a batsman is once he is at the crease. The more settled he is, the better chance he has of timing the ball sweetly and less chance of edging one to the slips or popping up a catch.

Double the amount of pre-set fielding options of previous versions.

Training Nets mode, now with the option to set the line and length you wish the CPU to bowl at you in order to master your batting strokes or improve your timing.

One-day shirts featuring player numbers and NAMES

Advanced running between wickets control allows you to dive for the crease to prevent a run out

Manual Fielding throw meter which allows the user to control the strength of a throw.

The Man of the Match award is calculated after playing a tournament match and Player of the Year awards are calculated at the end of each of the competitions.
"

Couldn't see this mentioned anywhere on the forums; apologies if it has been already. Some interesting stuff I haven't heard mentioned elsewhere.

Sounds Amazing !!

the highlights things sounds very interesting.

What are you talking about. Some things mentioned here refer to gameplay. eg. bowler stamina and delivery repertoire, batting confidence, fielding throw meter, preset field, advance running between wickets etc. They refer to how the game plays i.e. gameplay

Also, love the highlights and Man of match options.
I recall asking for both above in one of my first posts on cricket 2005 and I'm quite happy to see it being included

ZoraxDoom said:
Yea it does, but whats all this without the gameplay?

Alot of that stuff is directly related to gameplay.

Domestic limited overs competitions feature the ?Free Hit? rule.

End of innings Highlights playback : allows you to review dismissals once the innings is completed.

All player career stats update while playing tournaments

Select your First XI before each match based on player ratings, form and team morale. Also view Pitch and Weather conditions before selecting your line-up and entering the match.

View player form charts during tournaments to keep track of who is playing well and who isn?t.

Revamped bowling control system. Each Bowler has a realistic repertoire of deliveries. The better their ability, the greater the variety of deliveries they can bowl with.

The bowler will lose stamina after bowling a long spell of overs and slowly become more erratic the more tired he gets. The Stamina gauge which is part of the bowler?s on-screen display will allow you to keep track of when to give him a rest and make a change.

The Batting confidence meter displays how set a batsman is once he is at the crease. The more settled he is, the better chance he has of timing the ball sweetly and less chance of edging one to the slips or popping up a catch.

Double the amount of pre-set fielding options of previous versions.

Advanced running between wickets control allows you to dive for the crease to prevent a run out

Manual Fielding throw meter which allows the user to control the strength of a throw.

This, with how great the game looks plus all the stats and more from Cricket 2004.... I just wish they would post a video with people playing the game that actually knew what they were doing so I could see this in proper action. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Information is good :)

I hope these features are included in the final product and the gameplay is alot better when actually playing it!

I like the EA TRAX deal ... wonder what songs in there!

I like all of this info but am still not sure if its even worth gettin it :(

It sounds good but they should release some good videos and also demo before releasing the game.

I have a feeling that they copied BLIC or are telling lies...

All the reviews I have read have rated the game poorly so yeah, I will get it because RPIC won;t be out for a few months... Damn U Atari...

If they are that confident of their product, one would expect a demo to be released very soon considering the release is 2 weeks away.

If they release no demo (like 2004) .............................

Yes, hopefully the demo gets here soon, I can't wait to see what they use to weigh highlights and how many they show!

They Ea Administrator on Australian website have mentioned that there will be a demo but after game release because they are much busier with games.

ajay2k5 said:
.....All the reviews I have read have rated the game poorly ....
Two of them, from people who aren't cricket gamers and pretty much took off marks because it was too hard for them?

Users who are viewing this thread