Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
MattW submitted a new article

New Don Bradman Cricket 14 patch on Steam today

Big Ant Studios have announced that the first of the incremental patches for users of the Steam version of the game will launch today.

The biggest new feature is the addition of co-op play, this patch will only add an option for two players (either online or locally) versus the AI, with future ones to add co-op against human players, but it is a chance for those who have been hanging on for co-op to at least take a look at the direction things are headed.

While multiplayer online co-op isn't yet included, Big Ant have mentioned that improvements to online play are part of the patch. This is really something that we will only get a better picture of once the patch is out there and people who have had problems playing in the past can give it another go.

The smallest change is perhaps the most important one however. A simulate button has been added to career mode, saving players from having to enter the pause menu to simulate, but more importantly, it also allows you to simulate when your batsman is off strike. Certainly I find myself running out the AI trying to push for a single to get back on strike, so this button will come in handy when I'm playing.

Another career mode change is the addition of a difficulty option - letting you directly pick your career difficulty, rather than the previous and varying attempts at the automatic changing of difficulty at various points of your career.

This is all however just a start of the process, the first of what will likely be many updates as part of the process of working towards patch 3 - no details are yet available on what the focus of the next update will be, or when that will launch, but PlanetCricket will bring you details as soon as we know.

Just a quick note again for those on consoles - you won't get these small updates. On PC, Big Ant can directly and immediately update the game, which lets them quickly make changes and fixes and send them to users. On consoles that process is more difficult, and requires the console maker to test and approve the updates first. Because of that, those on console (that means PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One users) will simply get the one update at the end of this process - termed "Patch 3".

As we don't know how many of these smaller updates will happen first, we have no estimate on when the final patch will release on consoles, but it is coming, and the feedback and testing that can happen on PC right now will improve the finished product.

Continue reading the Original Post.

Last edited:

cricfan11

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Awesome news. The simulate button will really help when my AI partner decides to block all 5 deliveries of the over and get a single off the final ball (which, against the spirit of the game, I have to deny sometimes).

SpinKingSwann

School Cricketer
Great news! It's already the best cricket game of all time and it's good to know it will continue to be improved! However I would love to see the World Cups in career mode and maybe even a rankings system

manish.patel_19

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hello

In the game amature difficulty bowlers speed showing the same of 115 to 118 and also the same thing in pro dif. Actual speed showing as well as in int. (I.e. 135 to 140 )Cricket so in short I told please correct the bowler speed in amature difficulty and also said that in the game camera angles are very bad so please making new variation of camera angle patches this bring revolution in dbc cricket 14

Awaiting for your reply

Thanks
manish patel

Zahid

School Cricketer
plz plz plz somebody give me file to upgrade latest kits plweaseeeeeeeeeeeeee

Users who are viewing this thread