New text-based cricket simulation software help & advice.

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
Coding-512.png
We've got some amazing text-based cricket simulators already, why would we need any more?

We definitely have some awesome text-based cricket simulators already, yes but there is always room for improvements.

With such a large base of students and professionals alike with excellent programming skills, surely we can get a larger array of text-based cricket simulators?

This thread is intended for new and old programmers and some that's interested in learning (programming) to share their ideas and skills in ultimately creating the perfect text-based cricket simulator/s.

Sharing is caring :D

In addition, league managers kindly share your ideas in creating the perfect text-based cricket simulator. What would you like to see in the perfect text-based cricket simulator?

This thread is intended not only to grow individuals in programming but also improve an already great selection in text-based cricket simulators.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What? Did I put it wrongfully? I'm very new to programming, you'll have to help me out :D
You're not wrong. C++ isn't something he is an expert of.

BTW - Before putting any efforts in anything I'd want enough response to what I've already done.

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
BTW - Before putting any efforts in anything I'd want enough response to what I've already done.
Cool. Have you started a text-based cricket simulator already?

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Cool. Have you started a text-based cricket simulators already?
Not yet, as I previously said - it's something for which I need to study a lot more.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I had zero knowledge about the programming languages until I got the CS subject in my 11th. Learnt few basics of C++ and few advanced lessons (which was out of my syllabus). It helped me a lot to come up with the stats calculator on dosbox.

Couple of months ago I started learning C programming which wasn't quite familiar as I didn't have it in my subject or syllabus. Ali helped me with the basics and Google helped me to tweak some things inside that. Then I came up with the better version of Stats calculator which I released few weeks ago.

So yeah, it isn't difficult to learn the programming languages but it isn't that easy too. :)

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
Not yet, as I previously said - it's something for which I need to study a lot more.
Maybe not, this is one of the main reasons for starting this thread :yes The idea is for us all to learn together. I'm confident the senior guys would love to share their wisdom with noobs like myself. It's a learning curb, that's all.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Hmm... I worked out on an algorithm and made an **Incomplete** simulator in JAVA... But then my studies took over and that project still lies there.... INCOMPLETE....

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
Ideal T20 Simulator for me:

• The look - Simple application with a user friendly menu (Similar than PCCS)
  • Tournament creator (With complete Fixtures & venues)
  • Team editor - a combination between PCCS & Digisims will be perfect.
  • Player editor (The PCCS player editor is nice)
  1. Players skills can be divided into (Excellent/Very Good/Good/Average & Poor) for batting/bowling/fielding & keeping - No need for numbered ratings
  2. Additionally a player aggressiveness setting will assist in helping to rate players more accurately.
  • Match settings & line up selection (The Digisims match settings & line up selection is perfect)
  • Powerplays included in matches.
  • Commentary (Again the Digisims/Cricket Heroes commentary is excellent)
  • Output - (a variance between Digisims/Cricket Heroes with PCCS attractive scorecards)
  • Comprehensive stats & records

Users who are viewing this thread