New York (Hindi Movie)

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
This if for all the Indian and Pakistani members here. Has anyone seen New York, the new movie starring John Abraham, Katrina and Neel Nitin Mukesh?
The reviews seem to be good. It seems to be based on a sensitive issue, on how the Bush administration reacted in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks.

Post opinions here.

omkarjere

International Cricketer
According to my friend its a bit of boring so not spending 200 on that

Pranav

ICC Board Member
I saw the movie this Sunday eveining. Its a bit serious movie. Its regarding the issue how 1200 people were detentioned (sp?) after the 9/11 and tourtured illeagely. Then later 1000 of them were released after 9 months and many of them still feel the stress and have acquired many mental dissorders. And, some of them actually turned into terrorists as they wanted to take revenge against the FBI for doing these things to them.

Though, having a good story the movie is decent. The acting is pathetic tbh. Only John could act a bit. Neil and Katrina were acted pathetically. Irrfan Khan acted very well, and it was good to see him act so well.

As being made on a serious issue, the film was less entertaining.

So, I'd give it ***/*****.

Last edited:

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
just came back from the movie.....the concept was really good...but the execution quite bad...no matter how good the producer, story, team you have...we'll always screw it up with the cliche bollywood style sentiments..

but the locations,cinematography,bgm etc were top notch...really suited the whole atmosphere of the movie..

on the acting front, john gives a sincere effort. irrfan is the best of the lot..no surprises there...Kat as usual is eye candy and her average acting skills isnt anything new..

Neil Nitin Mukesh....what happened there !! from a super performance in johhny gaddar...he gave a very poor performance....weird expressions at places but most of all...his dialogue delivery SUCKED !

the ending is just PATHETIC...

overall...a one time watch....2.5 / 5

gudduthemaster

International Cricketer
just saw it!!
watch able movie,
good:-
1.unique plot
2.cinematography was great
3.Irrfan Khan's acting
bad:-
1.the Ending
2.NNm's acting
so **/5* :(

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I have watched 75% of the film so far (on a camera print). Its pretty decent, although I wouldnt say it has been great. John has been excellent with his acting. Katrina's acting sucks though she looks beautiful. Neil Nitin Mukesh is crap too. He looks good, but acts poorly. Irfan is awesome (he is funny at times). Only one song sticks to mind after lot of listenings (Hai Junoon). Rest are of the skip variety. After watching the movie, one could possibly get a little bit of hatred for America and the way they treated these people (coz the side of the story for these people has been portrayed very realistically). Pissing on your face, thrusting faces into the toilet?? YUCK! Did these guys really do all this? Hope they die a gory death (if they did).

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I actually find Pritam's music to be really boring. Even in 'Jab We Met' (Hindi film), I liked only one song which was 'Nagada Nagada'. The rest didnt stick to me. Dont know why, but I find Pritam's music to not have that X-factor to keep you hooked. I listened to his recent 'Love Aaj Kal'. Almost none attracted me. Same with New York. Guys like Shankar Ehsaan Loy and Vishal-Shekar are far far better. And Pritam is also labelled a lot for ripping off music from elsewhere (his case is more blatant than others!:p)

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Just watched it today. I'll give it 3.5/5. The issue was a serious one, although bringing it up 8 years after the incident is probably not going to do a good job in healing any wounds that were created. I liked the fact that there was actually a story and a plot instead of the standard Bollywood love-triangle featuring singing and dancing around trees (though that was there as well).

Irrfan was good, as expected, and Katrina was better than I expected. Even NNM was better than I expected. Unfortunately, don't think he possesses real acting talent. His role in Johnny Gadaar didn't demand acting prowess and anyone who watched Aa Dekhen Zara will know that he possesses all of one facial expression.

I'll have a more comprehensive review on my blog later this week.

Users who are viewing this thread