New Zealand in England

PhilD123

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
But running someone out for being careless and not paying attention to the game isn't against the spirit of cricket. Running out a player who's just gone down in a mid pitch collision is.
You've used those statements to encourage your agenda though. You forgot to mention that Muralitharan was going to congratulate his team mate who had just made a brilliant double century.

irottev

School Cricketer
So what? It was a great double century, sure, but you can't leave your crease when the ball's still being returned. That's absurd. If Sangakara tripped over and hurt himself or something and Murili checked to see if he was ok, THAT would be against the spirit and i'm sure no-one would appeal in that instance. Anyway, lets move on please. Tour is over, i've dropped my grudges for now until the next instance.

It seems we're playing Ireland and Scotland. So far the hundred is up without loss in the 18th over. Andre Botha seems quite a handy player though. He's being really economical.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
This is an ODi, so maybe McCullum has the chance to make his first ODi century ? He's going well so far, shame that the same can't be said for James Marshall. Judging by the scorecard he's struggling to get even the depleted Ireland attack off the square. I fail to see how anyone thought he was good enough to play test cricket. Matthew Sinclair would have done a better job.

irottev

School Cricketer
If McCullum did get a century, it's pretty weak opposition. Then again, you do wanna cash in. It's not like he doesn't wanna score lots of runs. It'll be a shame it won't be against any quality opposition. You get the feeling he's playing up to a hundred. He's taking much less risks in the last few overs. Then hopefully he goes nuts if he gets there. I wanna see 400.

And yeah. Marshall is batting too slow. 60 strike rate against a minnow side isn't acceptable.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
England and New Zealand play again on 19th September in Rawalpindi. A long time since we last played them!

irottev

School Cricketer
Is that during the Champions Trophy?

8 more runs for McCullum's first century in ODIs.

irottev

School Cricketer
Time for him to go for the double. Though again, it'd be a shame to not be against a stronger side. 185 without loss after 34 overs, they really need to start going at 10+s. There's heaps of wickets in the tank.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
McCullum got his first ever century. And seeing as they play against Ireland they will be counted as an ODI.

Crew of Black

Club Cricketer
Hopefully Marshall gets out soon & gets a duck against Scotland.

Cause if he plays in Pakistan, were screwed

irottev

School Cricketer
He won't. The selectors will stay faithful to the winning side in England surely. They'll of course include Ryder for Flynn though. I hope he gets out though coz then Taylor or Oram or someone can come in and smash it. This might be bordering the best ODI partnership. Something Marshall doesn't really deserve to be honest

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
This isn't even the strongest Ireland team. I don't understand why some Irish players aren't playing for their country.

'Ireland, already depleted by players staying with their counties and a host of others unavailable, have been struck by another late injury blow. Allrounder Alex Cusack, who won the Man-of-the-Match award on his debut against South Africa last year, has had to pull out with a broken finger. Captain Kyle McCallan, Andre Botha and Reinhardt Strydom, are the only players remaining from Ireland's last ODI, against Bangladesh, in Dhaka.'

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/scotland/content/current/story/359204.html

Users who are viewing this thread