New Zealand in England

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Fixtures

Sun 27 April
- MCC vs New Zealanders (Arundel)

Mon 28 April - Wed 30 April - Kent vs New Zealanders (Canterbury)

Fri 2 May - Mon 5 May - Essex vs New Zealanders (Chelmsford)

Thr 8 May - Sun 11 May - England Lions vs New Zealanders (Rose Bowl)

Thr 15 May - Mon 19 May - 1st Test - England vs New Zealand (Lords)

Fri 23 May - Tue 27 May - 2nd Test - England vs New Zealand (Old Trafford)

Fri 30 May - Sun 1 June - Northamptonshire vs New Zealanders (Northampton)

Thu 5 June - Mon 9 June - 3rd Test
- England vs New Zealand (Trent Bridge)

Wed 11 June - Worcestershire vs New Zealanders (New Road)

Fri 13 June - T20 International - England vs New Zealand (Old Trafford)

Sun 15 June - 1st ODI - England vs New Zealand (Chester-le-street)

Wed 18 June - 2nd ODI- England vs New Zealand (Edgbaston)

Sat 21 June - 3rd ODI - England vs New Zealand (Bristol)

Wed 25 June - 4th ODI - England vs New Zealand (The Oval)

Sat 28 June - 5th ODI - England vs New Zealand (Lords)

Tue 1 July - Scotland vs New Zealand (Venue TBC)

Thu 3 July - Ireland vs New Zealand (Venue TBC)

Thought I'd start a tour thread even though the reverse tour is still in progress with the news that Daniel Vettori, Jacob Oram and Brendon McCullum will be arriving late to the tour due to IPL commitments. They will join up in plenty of time for the first test, but it looks like they will miss the first 3 tour matches.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Come on England! Ordered my tickets for a few days of the Old Trafford Test. I'll wait to see how we do against them in the Tests in this current tour before I make any pre-judgments. I fancy us to beat them though.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I'm not going to any tests, £60 for rubbish seats at Lord's just doesn't seem good value, The Oval wasn't any better. Obviously I'll be at the Kent match, was thinking about going down to the Rose Bowl for the Lions match until I remembered the absolute farce created by the Lions tactics when they played at Canterbury last season. So a trip to either Arundel (for its beauty) or Chelmsford (for being fairly local) seems on the cards.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
We'll probably lose. All my tickets for the summer which were xmas presents have been refunded because the people we bought them from oversold them :mad: I'll still probably got to OT but its getting pretty late now so I should order them, last year was good at OT but I'd rather be with the proper barmy army than the people I was last year, 2 massive groups of people nearly getting in a fight (1 full of scousers!) and some drunk Irishman who had discovered the brilliance of watching cricket. Will be known as the summer of Broad, followed by Broads ashes next summer and every summer after hat as "same old godly Broad".

irottev

School Cricketer
Isn't this great scheduling by the ICC. A few months after the current tour we go and play England again.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Isn't this great scheduling by the ICC. A few months after the current tour we go and play England again.
It is a bit stupid. Even switching it around with South Africa (who come for the second half of the summer) would have been better.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
England will be waiting for NZ to come there and kill them in every match.

manee

Chairman of Selectors

It is poor scheduling, but the actual layout of the tour is very good. Plenty of warm ups; three Tests and five ODIs.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Ross Taylor, Jamie How, Jeetan Patel, Chris Martin and Kyle Mills will potentially now miss the start of this tour along with Daniel Vettori, Jacob Oram and Brendon McCullum (mentioned in the first post) as they are set to be auctioned off in the second IPL auction.

Leaves me wondering just who I'll be watching come Monday 28th April. Certainly I wont be attending the MCC match or the Essex match now. Just why New Zealand have terminated Bond's contract because he signed up for ICL but are allowing key players to miss the tour of England for IPL is beyond me.

Last edited:

irottev

School Cricketer
You answered your own question really. They're letting them play in the IPL so that the ICL doesn't take them like what happened to Bond.

I'd say we're not that far away from someone doing something about the ICL. Someone taking a board to court or something.

Nothing has been confirmed yet for how much of the warm-ups they will miss. They won't miss them all if any

Also, James Franklin is up for auction and will probably tour England if he's fit. I'm not sure how he's going, he's not playing Domestic yet, but might be playing club cricket.

Brady

School Cricketer
I expect england to win the series..

the pitches in england will suit us,i think they only reason why the current series in NZ is close is due to the nature of the pitches.

the ODI series will be close,but i expect england to win the test series quite comfortably.

test series 3-0 England

odi series 3-2 England

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Well England will be Completely different side at home...
I hope for Big changes from Both of Sides..NZ will of course go with new fresh Middle order..
In opening slot J How has given strong indication..But his partner is still in problem..

PhilD123

International Coach
Come on England! Ordered my tickets for a few days of the Old Trafford Test.
I've got my tickets to the 2nd day of the OT test, looking forward to it. Yeah the scheduling isn't exactly clever by the ICC, but hopefully it'll be as good a series as it was in NZ. We should be aiming to win it 3-0.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Wow..Lucky guy.I have never seen any England Match live....
Anyway there are 5 days tickets..means you have to buy 5 tickets for 5 days??

Users who are viewing this thread