New Zealand Tour of England - 2021

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Are you talking about this tweet?
View attachment 250802
These really are just the comments of a dumb kid trying to look cool and fit in. It's easy to say "well I knew better at eighteen" but did you? Eighteen year olds are dumb as shit. At eighteen I still thought a long-distance thing with a German person and drinking to fit in were good ideas.

It's definitely not the same thing, but what I'm saying is teenagers - even late teens - are works in progress usually prepared to do dumb shit to fit in.

I'm not comfortable with his Tweets - ofc not - but I'm also not comfortable with digging out people's comments as teenagers to use against them as adults. He has apologised for his actions on otherwise the best day of his life, and will likely be pushed by his employer to partake in a bunch of educational stuff.

Craig "I'm not racist because I talked to Azhar Ali" Overton on the other hand...

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
These really are just the comments of a dumb kid trying to look cool and fit in. It's easy to say "well I knew better at eighteen" but did you? Eighteen year olds are dumb as shit. At eighteen I still thought a long-distance thing with a German person and drinking to fit in were good ideas.

It's definitely not the same thing, but what I'm saying is teenagers - even late teens - are works in progress usually prepared to do dumb shit to fit in.

I'm not comfortable with his Tweets - ofc not - but I'm also not comfortable with digging out people's comments as teenagers to use against them as adults. He has apologised for his actions on otherwise the best day of his life, and will likely be pushed by his employer to partake in a bunch of educational stuff.

Craig "I'm not racist because I talked to Azhar Ali" Overton on the other hand...
Indeed I remember you as a youngster posting some laughable stuff back in the days before we came on Planet Cricket.

I still stand by 18 years of age is mature enough to grasp fully your views on the world I do get your point that perhaps he has wisen up overtime but how could we be sure. Calling muslims terrorist, using the N word and making derogatory comments specifically to Asian women are just disgusting and as far as I am concerned its a direct reflection of his upbringing, perhaps he has changed over the years, hopefully he has. Need I remember at age 18 in the UK he is considered a mature to be trial in the courts as an adult and allowed to vote in elections, by all standards he was an adult at the time of making those tweets! Anyone brushing this aside as a trivial matter really needs to sit back a moment and reflect on their own views and thoughts of people from different cultures/ethnicity/ religion/race.

Moving on though batsman Conway made a debut 165 for NZ at lords, sad to see the fiasco with the racist tweets taking away from his moment. Got a look in the ending up of his inns and he seems a great find for NZ, not a typical Lords pitch but nevertheless he batted against two of the best, most accomplished bowlers of all time and on debut its a massive feat, well done to the guy, he is an old timer but perhaps we’ll be seeing some marvelous inns from him in time to come.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Wood and Anderson on fire exposing this overrated NZ side lmao! NZ just loss 3 wickets for what 20 or so runs!

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Indeed I remember you as a youngster posting some laughable stuff back in the days before we came on Planet Cricket.

tenor.gif

I still stand by 18 years of age is mature enough to grasp fully your views on the world I do get your point that perhaps he has wisen up overtime but how could we be sure. Calling muslims terrorist, using the N word and making derogatory comments specifically to Asian women are just disgusting and as far as I am concerned its a direct reflection of his upbringing, perhaps he has changed over the years, hopefully he has. Need I remember at age 18 in the UK he is considered a mature to be trial in the courts as an adult and allowed to vote in elections, by all standards he was an adult at the time of making those tweets! Anyone brushing this aside as a trivial matter really needs to sit back a moment and reflect on their own views and thoughts of people from different cultures/ethnicity/ religion/race.
18 is an age where you're still undergoing huge amounts of change in your life, and expected to make life-long decisions while equipped with the emotional maturity of a Victoria sponge. As for ages at which it is legal to vote, drink, drive and be held responsible for one's actions, any sort of discourse comes down to "if, then, when..." discussions for which there is no right or wrong answer.

Again I must stress that this is not a defence of what he posted which was above all very stupid and which reflects poorly on him. He doesn't need anyone else to tell him that - his demeanour at the presser was more than enough to show that he was embarrassed about it.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How Mitchell Santner continues to steal a living as a test cricketer is beyond me.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
tenor.gif

18 is an age where you're still undergoing huge amounts of change in your life, and expected to make life-long decisions while equipped with the emotional maturity of a Victoria sponge. As for ages at which it is legal to vote, drink, drive and be held responsible for one's actions, any sort of discourse comes down to "if, then, when..." discussions for which there is no right or wrong answer.

Again I must stress that this is not a defence of what he posted which was above all very stupid and which reflects poorly on him. He doesn't need anyone else to tell him that - his demeanour at the presser was more than enough to show that he was embarrassed about it.
Agreed he does look very remorseful for his actions and appears to me at the very least to be a good fellow. I mean I can understand the conflicts at that age but think some form of reprimand should be handed down.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Conway completes his double century. Last NZ guy to make a double on debut Mathew Sinclair i think?

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Hope we may get some play in, first session loss to rain.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
At least I've not missed anything being asleep for two hours.
Same here. This is the first test match in English conditions I am following in close to three years or so I think, so gutted still for the loss of play.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Same here. This is the first test match in English conditions I am following in close to three years or so I think, so gutted still for the loss of play.
I think we lost 1 day from each match last summer, so it's not too surprisingly. Although it must be just down south cause it's bright sunshine where I am.

Users who are viewing this thread