New Zealand Tour of the West Indies - June-August 2012

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
West Indies v New Zealand | Cricket news, live scores, fixtures, features and statistics on ESPN Cricinfo

Sat Jun 30 1st T20I - West Indies v New Zealand
Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground, Lauderhill

Sun Jul 1 2nd T20I - West Indies v New Zealand
Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground, Lauderhill

Thu Jul 5 1st ODI - West Indies v New Zealand
Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica

Sat Jul 7 2nd ODI - West Indies v New Zealand

Wed Jul 11 3rd ODI - West Indies v New Zealand
Warner Park, Basseterre, St Kitts

Sat Jul 14 4th ODI - West Indies v New Zealand

Mon Jul 16 5th ODI - West Indies v New Zealand

Fri Jul 20 - Sun Jul 22 West Indies Select XI v New Zealanders
Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua

Wed Jul 25 - Sun Jul 29 1st Test - West Indies v New Zealand
Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua

Thu Aug 2 - Mon Aug 6 2nd Test - West Indies v New Zealand

New Zealand Cricket - BLACKCAPS squads announced for West Indies tour

Twenty20 International:

Ross Taylor (c) ? Central Stags
Martin Guptill ? Auckland Aces
Doug Bracewell ? Central Stags
Dean Brownlie ? Canterbury Wizards
Andrew Ellis ? Canterbury Wizards
Daniel Flynn ? Northern Knights
Ronnie Hira ? Auckland Aces
Tom Latham ? Canterbury Wizards
Nathan McCullum ? Otago Volts
Kyle Mills ? Auckland Aces
Rob Nicol ? Canterbury Wizards
Jacob Oram ? Central Stags
Tim Southee ? Northern Knights
BJ Watling ? Northern Knights
Kane Williamson ? Northern Knights

One Day International:

Andrew Ellis ? Canterbury Wizards
Tom Latham ? Canterbury Wizards
Nathan McCullum ? Otago Volts
Kyle Mills ? Auckland Aces
Tarun Nethula ? Central Stags
Rob Nicol ? Canterbury Wizards
Jacob Oram ? Central Stags
Tim Southee ? Northern Knights

Test:

Trent Boult ? Northern Knights
Neil Wagner ? Otago Volts
Mark Gillespie ? Wellington Firebirds
Chris Martin ? Auckland Aces
Brendon McCullum ? Otago Volts
Tarun Nethula ? Central Stags
Kruger van Wyk ? Central Stags
Daniel Vettori ? Northern Knights

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
It has been a really long time since New Zealand came to the Caribbean. Should be a good series. Two close teams going at it. I just wish it was 3 tests...

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
So arguably our best OD batsman and our best OD bowler are not in either of our ODI/T20I squads, because of the ****en IPL!

Yet again I'm rather concerned about some of our selections. Half our our T20I batsmen suck at T20 cricket; Brownlie, Flynn, Watling, Williamson... Ellis is a waste of space in both the T20I and ODI squads, what the hell is the point in playing someone at eight who only bowls part-time overs.

The only positive is that our test squad is the most settled it has been in a while. They've just got to drop Vettori and make play at the T20I World Cup.

6ry4nj

International Coach
I just wish it was 3 tests...
Absolutely. It's almost criminal to have 5 ODIs and only two Tests. Scrap two of the one-dayers (and/or 1 T20) and you can fit another Test in.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
So arguably our best OD batsman and our best OD bowler are not in either of our ODI/T20I squads, because of the kerplucken IPL!

The IPL finishes May 27 thats more than a full month gap between the series and the IPL, must be some other reason. Wagner, Martin and Bracewell would be a good pace attack along with nethula and vettori for the tests but I doubt Wagner will get the first game considering Gillespie's comeback.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
The IPL finishes May 27 thats more than a full month gap between the series and the IPL, must be some other reason.

Traditional our players have taken an extended break straight after our summer, hence now, but because of the IPL they now don't do that. I read earlier today that they're giving McCullum's a break because of our upcoming schedule, but like I said above without the IPL he'd be doing that now. Similarly Vettori retired because he wanted to spend more time with his family, but he's still playing in the IPL, hence if he wasn't playing in the IPL then he more than likely would still be playing at least one of the shorter formats of the game internationally. Plus I assume in that month leading up to the tour they'd be quite a bit of preparation going on, hence again like I said above those players playing in the IPL won't be getting a full break away from cricket, which I assume is what they're giving McCullum. So I do think the IPL has something to do with it.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
That's just a stupid argument to blame IPL which ends a whole month back before the start of this series.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
That's just a stupid argument to blame IPL which ends a whole month back before the start of this series.

I actually thought the argument that I made was rather logical. Why else would they be resting someone when our last international match would have been three months ago at the start of the tour...?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Just because your countrymen does not want to play and needs rest it means its because of IPL? Has he even played on decent innings? And how many matches has he played? 6 matches? Stayed in for 2 hours is that tiring? If it is so then I am sorry he is not professional player seeing these days of cricketing schedule :)

namituniyalgame

Club Captain
I hope Chris Gayle is in the team this time ...
It will be a big boost ... He is currently performing well in the IPL ... also in other leagues like BBL,BPL etc. he has fired ... I think the black caps will have an upper edge there .....

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
People need to earn a living somehow and by playing in the IPL they are able to earn a substantial amount of money for not a great deal of work. It's not Brendon's choice that he's having the break, though I'm sure he had some input into it. I don't hold it against him to want to play in the IPL. I'm sure everyone would if they had the chance. If he was telling the selectors that he didn't want to play in the limited overs bit though, that's a different story.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Players have kerplucking one month for rest, isn't that enough? Like how much time do you need to "rest".

I think it has become a trend now to blame IPL if something goes wrong.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Yes not so far when South Africa or other countries lose and they say IPL is to be blamed :p Or there is an earthquake and match is cancelled and IPL is to be blamed

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
People need to earn a living somehow and by playing in the IPL they are able to earn a substantial amount of money for not a great deal of work. It's not Brendon's choice that he's having the break, though I'm sure he had some input into it. I don't hold it against him to want to play in the IPL. I'm sure everyone would if they had the chance. If he was telling the selectors that he didn't want to play in the limited overs bit though, that's a different story.

I have no problem with him playing in the IPL, I'm all for making a quick buck for doing absolutely nothing, but in this situation it has jeopardised his ability to play for New Zealand, which is where the problem lies imo. Yes like you say the selectors did ask him to have a break, because of our upcoming schedule, so I'm not really holding anything against McCullum.

My point is that WITHOUT the IPL he would have had a THREE MONTH break from cricket, so I'm 99.9% sure that he'd be playing. If you can't see that then believe want you want.

Or there is an earthquake and match is cancelled and IPL is to be blamed

No one blamed the IPL when the Canterbury earthquake happened, which caused a couple of matches to be cancelled...

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
I dont see why McCullum needs more than a months rest, and franklin was dropped from the team on the same grounds, yet he's playing county cricket instead of resting.

It doesn't really matter anyways, it gives Watling a chance to keep away from home conditions.

Users who are viewing this thread