Sat Sep 8           
14:30 GMT | 20:00 local
20:00 IST	 1st T20I - India v New Zealand
Indira Priyadarshini Stadium, Visakhapatnam	

Tue Sep 11           
14:30 GMT | 20:00 local
20:00 IST	 2nd T20I - India v New Zealand
MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai

New Zealand is all set to tour India for a strange series of 2 Test and 2 T20's.

ODI's could not fit in as T20 WC starts in 8 days after the 2nd T20 between India and New Zealand

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
This is an interesting situation. First test after the worst season we had in last 5 years.

I don't know, who will be coming in place of Dravid. I am hoping Pujara but he needs to perform well on India A tour to WI in order to get in the final 11. Otherwise, I think selectors will be picking Rohit Sharma based on our last test squad.

Sehwag
Gambhir
Pujara
Sachin
Laxman
Kohli
Dhoni
Ashwin
Zaheer
Ojha
Umesh Yadav
Varun Aaron

EDIT:

India A in West Indies 2012: A race to break into the India Test XI | India Cricket Features | ESPN Cricinfo

Last edited:

AbhinavSuper

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I' want Rahane, but anyways, Sharma too deserves at the moment. This series should be interesting, specially for us. Time to grab some points, and move up the table ;)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Rohit is already in the test squad (though he has not got his chance yet in the XI). Its between Rahane and Pujara for the spot vacated by Dravid. Pujara would make a big case for himself if he does well in the ongoing India A tour of West Indies. He has already scored a half century in the first innings of the tour itself. Hope he makes a big one and forces the selectors to pick him for this series. Rahane can come in later when Laxman goes. Rahane can also open thereby giving us the option of moving Sehwag down the order.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Pujara would make a big case for himself if he does well in the ongoing India A tour of West Indies. He has already scored a half century in the first innings of the tour itself.

And Rohit has made 94. Though selectors will go for Pujara I think.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Like Sai pointed out Rohit Sharma is pretty much already in the XI. Pujara vs Rahane for Rohit's bench spot.

The most obvious playing XI...

1. Virender Sehwag
2. Gautam Gambhir
3. Virat Kohli
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Rohit Sharma
6. VVS Laxman
7. MS Dhoni
8. Ravichandran Ashwin
9. Pragyan Ojha
10. Zaheer Khan
11. Umesh Yadav

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
This would be my XI:

1. G Gambhir
2. V. Sehwag
3. C. Pujara
4. S. Tendulkar
5. V. Kohli
6. V. Laxman
7. M. Dhoni
8. R. Ashwin
9. Z. Khan
10 P. Ojha
11 U. Yadav

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Laxman being dropped might be a possibility too. Or a final series being given to Laxman is a possibility too.

I personally prefer him just walking out. I certainly wouldn't want to see a legend like him being dropped for good and if they were to take the 'one last series' path, that would mean us debuting Pujara or Rahane against England. Who supposedly have the best bowling attack in the world.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I personally prefer him just walking out. I certainly wouldn't want to see a legend like him being dropped for good and if they were to take the 'one last series' path, that would mean us debuting Pujara or Rahane against England. Who supposedly have the best bowling attack in the world.

Who said Rohit is going to debut against New Zealand? Seeing Pujara's performances and Pujara's track record in domestic cricket, he should be ahead of Rohit in the pecking order to make it to the Indian XI against New Zealand. And Pujara already has a taste of international cricket and a successful one at that too.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Hmm, totally forgot about Pujara's Test debut. That certainly complicates things, glad I'm no selector.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In the words of David Haye "this series will be more one sided than gang-----"

Hopefully for India. They are class when it comes to T20's.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't want either Laxman or Sachin to retire soon. Too many new players in the middle order can make the middle order too fragile.

Laxman is always under-rated but we should not forget that he is as dependable as Dravid, and has the rare quality of taking the team out of pressure. You will find many match winners in cricket history, but 'match savers' are very few and Laxman is one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread