No balls?

F

Fabio

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help me.

I'm bowling at least 1-2 no balls per over. It seems as if the X button on my PS2 controller is not responding when I press it, and the meter continues into the red. The X button works fine in all other games, and in the Cricket 2004 menus.

I have tried another controller and the symptoms are the same. It does not matter which controller port of the PS2 i'm using either.

Is anyone else finding this? Any ideas?

I am not facing such kind of problem but I hope that any other guy may be figure out that what is story behind it.

All I can suggest is to press X earlier, perhaps it takes a few split seconds to respond.

maybe your always using the x button to stop the power from rising?if not then i don't know.

Try this...Unplug your contoller from your USB port and then plug it back in. Sometimes when my controller is wigging out, I do just that and it fixes itself. If that doesn't work, then the X button on your PS2 controller might be worn out due to overuse....if that's the case then you're going to have to go and grab a new one from a shop.

I've only played the game for a little while, so I don't know if it affects it, but when you select a non X delivery (O, SQUARE, or TRIANGLE) are you using the same button to stop the meter?

The problem occurs for me across both controllers. One is a Dual Shock 2 that came with the PS2, and the other is a Dual Shock 1 controller.

I press the x button to stop the meter, no matter what type of delivery I have selected.

Its not a matter of me pressing it too late because I have tried pressing it as soon as I see the meter, but the meter continues to rise....i have even tried continually tapping the x button before the meter appears and sometimes it does respond (and the meter stops at its lowest point) and other times the meter does not stop and a no ball results.

If noone else is seeing it, i'm wondering if it is something to do with my PS2 (as both ports experience it, and both controllers). However, x button responds fine in menus.

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I will try another Dual Shock 2 controller and a friend's PS2 and will reply with the results.

Sometimes when you try to do a non-X delivery, it doesn't work, then you have to resort to using X.

if you do a non-x delivery (say triangle) if you press that at the beggining if you wanted to do a slower ball to stop the power meter you have to press triangle again not x. you only press x again if you press x at the begining to get the circle up. sorry a bit hard to explain :huh:

heres a better explanation:
What ever button you use to start the deliery you use that button to stop the delivery

thats exactly what that dude up there said.listen peoples,listen.

Users who are viewing this thread