Non-Championship Teams Tournament - Planetcricket Battrick Shield 2

BT name: jerome
BT team name: the butterflies
id: 2826

ste_mc_efc said:
offtopic

but i noticed you outbidded me for a player this morning (before i saw this) and just seeing the team name wondered if you were a blue aswell, now i know

he only went for 60somethingk i would have paid at least double that (in fact probably triple, proficient 17 year old, poor stamina and if i remember right average secondaries)

Well, my club is very poor and I need bargains like him. Do you think you could give me any tips, being a fellow blue and all.

embi said:
Wow, so many people we didn't know played Battrick. After the league has finished, it will be even bigger next time.

Thats very true.Jer is actually someone whom I found in the battrick chat.He wanted to sell his player so I reccomended our very own PC.Its good to see that he's registered for the league as well. :)

Just as an incentive for you guys to sign up, if the inactive teams remain incactive, there will be a place or 2 up for grabs, although you will inherit all their forfeit losses, you will be in the tournament if you are randomly selected, or when this is up and running, top of the mini league.

this looks like fun, and im never sure who i should play on my praccie matches, so ill put my name down

Username: Rickyp
Team Name: Hampton Central CC

is that all i need?

Yep, it is, youve been added. BTW, looks like one of you will be moving into the championship (abeit with 5 or so losses). A number of teams are on a last warning now, forfeits could open up places.

indeed :). though my team is mediocre at best right now. being a newbie to this forum and all; what does this all entail of? ie when does THIS specific championship start, etc

This specific championship will start next week (Sunday 6th August) so keep that friendly slot free, fixtures coming soon!

All you have to do, jer, is challenge the opponent you are meant to play. Thats it!

Wow, my first battrick tournament, I tried to advertise it to all the newbies in the newbie forum on battrick, but didn't get much success. Anyway my team has been improving over the last few days and I hope to get into the main league ASAP.

Thanks for setting up this tournament, The Spin.

Right, I think Ill close entries for now, although with upcoming promotions pending, anyone wanting to be a reserve may still enter. Matches will officially start next week. Also, this tournament I have decided, will become the Battrick Shield, which we held recently, this will continue it. Fixtures soon.

EDIT: Fixtures in post 1

Last edited:
surely it's wiser to just start from next season (a couple of weeks away) as you ccan have time to recruit 2 full divisions and so on. also the fixtures meant to start from this week? :/ if so i've already got a friendly with a friend of mine as i wasn't expecting it to start this early

jer said:
surely it's wiser to just start from next season (a couple of weeks away) as you ccan have time to recruit 2 full divisions and so on. also the fixtures meant to start from this week? :/ if so i've already got a friendly with a friend of mine as i wasn't expecting it to start this early

Next week sounds fine.Just play out your friendly this week,and then use the fixture list in Post 1.We cant wait to get this going,so next season sounds a bit far away. ;)

EDIT:Ive got a friendly this week against Mark.Should be a warmup for next weeks league game against him. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread