Noobie needs your help

Golden28

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi all. This my first time playing any Cricket game since B.Lara on PS1.
I absolutely love Cricket 2005 but I need help batting. I've spent hours in the nets but when on the pitch I find it very difficult to score anything over a 2.0 to 2.5 average in a test match.
Everytime I seem to connect nicely the ball just smashes into the ground and is easily picked up by either the bowler or close fielders. Very occassionally the ball seems to go for 4. I know this is a good thing as the latest B.Lara is a run fest but I would appreciate some help getting my average up to around 3.5.
In the match I am playing at the moment I have got 138 off of 59 overs and it took me 71 balls to get 8 runs with Vaugnie! Now that's not normal.
The field settings used by the CPU in this match are very close in at the moment (only 1 boundary fielder) so maybe that is why I'm getting zero singles and only the occasional 4, they have kept these field settings for all 59 overs...is that normal??
Sorry i dont really know a hell of a lot about field placement in "real cricket" so please feel free to put me right. Any thoughts about any of the above appreciated.

P.S I am using Tutsi's 1.1 patch

He he he, stop using tutsi's patch. You will find batting easier. Batting is already reasonably tough on cricket 2005, which is good. Tutsi's patch only makes batting harder. Wait untill you have masterd batting on cricket 2005 at hard level before you think about using patches.

Yes, I only use default settings too as I think it is fine the way it came out the box.
Welcome to the forums btw :)

Many thanks gents...I will dispose of the patch immediately. 3.5 an over here I come!

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread