NRL Telstra Premiership 2006

the warriors just had a good win aginst the roosters beating them by 30 0dd points,a great fearwell to awen guttenbeil and breet webb,their last home game for the club

Even Souths could have beaten the Roosters, thats how crap they are going. But full credit to the Warriors they have been going really well lately. Attack is good and they have a brilliant forward pack.

The Warriors are going to be a force in 2007 I reckon. No salary cap deductions, some new players coming over and some younger ones from this year looking to make the step up. I would be very surprised if they didn't make the top 8 next year.

yes im thinking the warriors will be a force to be rekoned with next year,they would have made the 8 this year except for that bloody sellery cap!cant wait for the warriors v broncos game on a lighter note:)

Who knows with the Warriors. They should have been a force this year even with the -4. Look how far ahead the Storm are, they would still be first even with the -4. If you are good enough you can make the 8.

What a strange premiership....how stupid are Easts? I realise a club has to blame someone for their performances, and the coach is generally first in the firing line or whatever, but Stuart's one of the finest in the country, has an off time because of his players who, pretty much, haven't showed any signs of improvement whatsoever, and is sacked, costing the club bigtime. Parra are in for a rough time in Melbourne....can't believe Canberra held on!

Gotta feel for Stuart but always was going to happen.
Raiders, hmmmmm they must be trying to kill me! Covell choked majorly though, I thought he would have kicked it. At first I thought the Sharks were going to have 6 tackles to cross the line and win it but the penalty came and basically saved us.

Also check out the NRL side with the captains holding the trophy, see if you can spot the odd one out ;)

Yes go the broncos. We have secured a home final for finals week round 1. Beautiful play from Hodges, Webcke, Lockyer and Hunt and others like BErrigan and Perry added extra special touches. Should be a thriller next week against the dragons, hope it isnt a Referee stuffup like the last game.

James219 said:
What a strange premiership....how stupid are Easts? I realise a club has to blame someone for their performances, and the coach is generally first in the firing line or whatever, but Stuart's one of the finest in the country, has an off time because of his players who, pretty much, haven't showed any signs of improvement whatsoever, and is sacked, costing the club bigtime. Parra are in for a rough time in Melbourne....can't believe Canberra held on!

Well it's up to the coach to get those players to show improvement. Plus I believe Stuart's coaching had nothing to do with Roosters good run of form few years back, but more to do with a bloke called Brad Fittler. Although I agree his sacking his harsh. Roosters are in a rebuilding stage with the loss of some key players and he needed a chance to rebuild the side, should of had another season.

I have to admit that Parramatta are basically goners, It's going to take something real special from the Eels to win that game. Broncos have shown some form, maybe they have ended that recent end of season hoodoo. Although I dislike the Broncos it's always a shame when a side with their talent just seems to fall away at the end of the season, you need someone to hate come finals time. Especially if your team isn't there.

Yep Eels are basically stuffed, they are worst of than us. No forward pack means no win especially against the Storm.
Broncos have re-emerged very well, they would be 2nd favourites behind the Storm for me, Dogs have slipped to 3rd.

I'd be keeping my eye out on Manly also. They have pretty much stayed under the radar all season and could surprise a few people.

Cayless and Vella will be available for the match against the Storm, which will help out the Eels forward pack. But even with that I really can't see them beating the Storm in Melbourne.

Last edited:
What a match between Manly and Knights. Full of intensity best finals footy in a while. Manly's defence in the 1st half was outstanding but once the Knights figured how to attack it, it was raining knights tries. Manly just never got into position to score.

Users who are viewing this thread