Oct 1 - Sri Lanka v England

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I really can't see my Englishmen winning this.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
They couldn't handle Indian Spin,i wonder what Mendis does to them:rolleyes

I am awaiting that contest tbh, England Batting v Sri Lanka bowling. Akila Dananjaya might just get hammered, but what about the 4 overs from Ajantha Mendis and the T20 expert Lasith Malinga will have 4 overs too. Who knows, Dananjaya might become an overnight star after this match, Sri Lankans kept out Mendis almost out of tournament and exposed him in the final in Asia Cup, are they doing something similar now?

Dilshan can be a handy spinner, who bowled exceptionally well (just ten runs conceded in 4 overs) in CLT20 Semi Final match last year, when New South Wales scored a mammoth 200 odd score IIRC. Can he repeat something similar now:spy.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sri Lanka set England 169 to win! Backing Sri Lanka here to spoil England's tournament, and let West Indies enter the semis.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Looking at the team we picked, I can only assume either Flower or Broad has West Indies in the sweepstake. I just don't get why Patel and Dernbach are back bowling wise and that's without getting me started on Kieswetter. I genuinely didn't realise Flower was this stupid.

Last edited:

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
it's a gettable total but england have not batted well against decent spin in this tournament (or indeed for much of the preceding 12 months in any format.) I would be surprised if they knocked this off but I suppose it's possible dananjaya being quite inexperienced could get rattled.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Looks like England are in a hurry to head back home....:D Bairstow should have run the previous ball when he put Hales in trouble. And rightfully, he paid for it next ball with a nothing shot.

But that last wicket of Hales looked not out to the naked eye. And Hawk Eye confirmed it!

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Bairstow at 3 and Patel at 4, means that Bopara is in such good form coming back into the team that he's batting at either 6 or 7. It's like we just don't care anymore. At least give Morgan a chance rather than sending in the rubbish ahead of him.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
And if Samit Patel gets us home, I'm pretty sure the world implodes. :D

D

Dutch

Sigh........

----------

Sorry but Bopara has had his chances now. Time to move on.

----------

I am looking at Englands average run rate throughtout this tournament. If we didnt have that win against the mighty Afghanistan it would be a little over 5. Make from that what you will.....

----------

Puts the ommission of KP into context. Sort out the handbags and bring him back in.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Nass on commentary just summed up picking Bopara. The form he was in, with the lack of matches he's had, it was a poor decision to pick him. At least pick Lumb and stick him up the top, with confidence he has a chance. To move everyone up and bring in a guy so out of form is just terrible from Flower and Broad.

D

Dutch

Well it is all down to panic football. Shuffling things around hoping it will click. This is back to the bad old days of chop and change for the sake of it....

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Precisely, that's the thing. We finally have a good performance in beating NZ, yet we drop almost half the team. It's bizarre. Fair enough drop Kieswetter, Bairstow or even Buttler, but bring in a like for like replacement and keep the ones that have done well, where they are. It just doesn't make sense.

D

Dutch

It gets worse.....we wont make 120..... Thoroughly outclassed.

----------

All credit to Patel but tbh he gave away as many runs as he has made and shouldnt be the one we are looking to to get the runs..

----------

Its allright Broad is in and we all know Broad is incharge of a terrifyingly talented side. I wonder whether Broad is too young, too immature for this captaincy role.........

Users who are viewing this thread