Oct 5- Australia vs West Indies (Semi Final 2)

Epic

Panel of Selectors
All my support switches to the West Indies now, end the trophy drought West Indies, end it.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
All my support switches to the West Indies now, end the trophy drought West Indies, end it.

Same here! Hope the Gayle storm lashes Australia and takes West Indies into the final.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Australia have pushed above their weight with this weak team to get to the semi's.

Like South Africa, they are lucky they haven't knocked been knocked out in the super eights due to the weak team they have picked.

However if Warner/Watson get going AUS can upset the ods and reach the final. I just wish the drastic decision to drop Bailey for David Hussey could happen.

Last edited:

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
It might be Maxwell who gets turfed for D.Hussey, and so he should to be honest. He had a pretty ordinary game vs Pakistan, and his fielding and bowling are not enough to make up for that extra assurance Dave would bring in the middle order. In fact I rate their bowling about equal, and if Doherty and Hogg are going to both play, then Maxwell's bowling is basically irrelevant anyway. People can say 'X-factor' until they're blue in the face, but Maxwell just isn't that good a player yet.

Drop Maxwell for Hussey and you get Watson + 5 proper batsmen + 1 keeper + 4 bowlers. The way it should have been from the start! Maxwell and Christian just can't do one skill well enough to deserve a spot IMHO. You can see it when Bailey will not trust either of them to bowl anymore than they have to - and only Maxwell ever got promoted up the order.

War

Chairman of Selectors
No way should Maxwell be the fall guy for Dussey's possible inclusion. Fair enough that you think his bowling is below the mark. Plus it was his first chance to get a proper bat in tournament (in a somewhat insignificant game) as well.

That one bad score isn't a basis to question Maxwell place, especially after his batting clearly showed enough form in the ODI/T20s in UAE, which made him a clear starter going into this tournament.

Sifter my friend, lets not try to get too far away from the fact that its Bailey's position that is keeping a batsman out. Lets not ever try to blindly forget this. Maxwell's batting alone is still a farrrrrrrrrrrr better in the T20 format than Bailey in any case.

spooony

Club Captain
Dunno why they should tamper with a team that basically outplayed anyone. Last game they just played for the semi and not for a win actually. But its T20. You might run into a Gayle or Watson on eithers good day and your out. Its a coin toss and a bit of luck is needed. But Windies do struggle to post big scores or keep the momentum going if Gayle gets out cheaply. So I believe if the Aussies get him cheaply they will run away with it.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Dussey has to be in. Dropped for not finishing matches enough? Yet White, Bailey and Maxwell are in there.. One of them has to make way for Duss.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Don't know why we are thinking of dropping Maxwell, White is the one I would be taking out as he doesn't bowl and has done jack all since being recalled.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Please get David Hussey in there. White can get out. That middle order might be exposed once again if two quick wickets fall even though WI bowling isn't all that great.

spooony

Club Captain
^haha good one. Aussies are one thee best players of spin especially if you count all the teams outside the subcontinent and seriously if anyone falls for that stunt you pulled against Pakistan in believing your vulnerable to spin I will say well played Australia and "Aprils Fool" whoever got suckered into it

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
on the face of it this is all about gayle/narine versus watson/starc.

but where I think australia do have an edge is fielding. I'd back australia to take more catches and stop more runs than the windies.

Users who are viewing this thread