Oct 7- Sri Lanka vs West Indies (The Final)

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I have always supported Sri Lanka but they did cheat their way to final by preparing a dusty track for their advantage. Pakistan would have lost anyway but the quality of the pitch left a bad taste in my mouth and of many other I may presume. Sri Lanka did not need to make such a wicket to win against a hafeez led team. They would have done the same for the finals but ICC has apparently woken up and will handle the pitch preparation. I wonder if they will look into the matter of the pitch for the semi final as well.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I have always supported Sri Lanka but they did cheat their way to final by preparing a dusty track for their advantage. Pakistan would have lost anyway but the quality of the pitch left a bad taste in my mouth and of many other I may presume. Sri Lanka did not need to make such a wicket to win against a hafeez led team. They would have done the same for the finals but ICC has apparently woken up and will handle the pitch preparation. I wonder if they will look into the matter of the pitch for the semi final as well.

I guess Pakistan is a subcontinental team and should smack their lips at the prospect of a dusty pitch, what with the presence of the world's current best spinner in their lineup and one of the most spin heavy sides in today's game. Afridi, Ajmal, Haza Rasan, Hafeez, Malik, etc and a side that can play spinners better than most other sides.

S

Satan666

My support goes to Sri Lanka since they will comfortably win the final, they have already met Windies in the prelims and defeated them by 9 wickets! Its obvious this is the host nation cup now Sri Lanka!

sifter132

Panel of Selectors

The curator has said the pitch was drier than he would have liked. But the pitch was the same for both teams. You can say it was drier for Pakistan's innings, but they had as much chance of winning the toss as SL did. Anyway, it's hardly cheating to prepare a dry pitch when Pakistan has oodles of good spin bowlers in their team.

Thanks Wasim Akram for stirring up hatred by blaming the pitch and the umpires...:facepalm

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors

Sami, I usually agree with you, but isnt that called the home advantage?

Am rooting for the Lankans. A very talented team that have yet to win a major trophy!

ferg512

International Coach
I really want West Indies to win but I have a bad feeling this is going to go the same way as the super 8s game, Gayle will get a low score and then its game over. Hopefully I'm wrong.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
My point is not that whether the pitch played in any part in the result. Sri Lanka would have won on any other pitch. But semi final of a WC event needed a better pitch than this. Sri Lanka definitely were searching for more leverage with this pitch. I did not even knew Wasim Akram said something about the pitch. I saw it for myself. I am not taking anything away from Lankans. They played great cricket to beat us. But the pitch was below average quality.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
One of the many things I don't understand in Cricket, a 'good' pitch is one that favors batting and a bat pitch is one that favors bowling, what a terrible concept.

Users who are viewing this thread