ODI's are garbage

cpt crash

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have had this game since July and played loads of test maches. With the help of a patch or 2 I can score about 450 on a good pitch.

However I hate ODI's. I have a choice of either never using the power hit button and ending up with about 130 from 50 overs. Or alternatively I can use the power hit button and give all my wickets away for nothing. I just finished a game where I went for the alter option and was all out for 21. Use of the power hit button lost me a wicket 100% of the times I used it. There's no other way to beat the field either

I tried pressing the button when the ball was half way towards the batter, just leaving the bowlers hand and finally when the ball had almost hit the stumps. It still goes straight at a the fielder at catching height....what's the point??

You gotta work on your timing buddy coz you can score easily with 'Advance down the wicket shots'. Try practicing the same and you should be scoring 300+ in a odi in no time :)

Yeah, the ODI fielding placements are quite impossible to penetrate with proper shots. Again, I haven't played too many ODIs with this game, but at first look, I tend to agree with your assessment about shot-making.

Test matches are cool though, but take far too long to complete...

Try 'advance down the wicket' shots. They have enough power to beat the fielders and pierce the infield - I am talking about advance shots without L1 (6 hit option).

But if you can time advance shots with L1 (6 hit option), you will easily clear the infield and get a 6 or a one-bounce 4 every time.

if ur on PC, the try a good a.i. patch.

u have to work on ur timing man. and penetrating the field at the start of the inngs in very difficult. thats the way itgoes in real cricket too. thats y u have to play some ariel shots to move the fielders back and also to take full advantage of the fielding rest.

Dont worry about it... it took me a couple of months of painful losses before i got good at the game.... now with the six hit button i can score 450+ in ODI's....

I'll try the advance down the wicket option and see where I get with that. Thanks guys.

its kinda hard the timing for 'advance down the wicket' shot :( i tried pressing it just before the ball leaves the bowlers hand, any timing tips lads, sweet

Last edited:
Try a bit later, just after the bowler has brought his arm over to bowl.

EDIT* Somewhere around there

Attachments

• Cricket2005 2006-02-08 19-43-45-23.JPG
    Cricket2005 2006-02-08 19-43-45-23.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
L1 button is PS2 mate! to hit big shots u need to hold the "SHIFT" button

On the keyboard, obviously via a gamepad it's different. Coincidentally on mine it's the same button as on the PS2 L1 (first on the Left if your slow ;))

Cricket_60 said:
Try a bit later, just after the bowler has brought his arm over to bowl.

EDIT* Somewhere around there

Top man! yeah i understand you, even though it doesn't feel that shots going for a four it does lol thank mate
:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread