Tennis Official French Open 2010 Thread

Amar791849

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
200px-Frenchopen.svg.png

The French Open (French: Les Internationaux de France de Roland Garros or Tournoi de Roland-Garros, IPA: [ʁɔlɑ̃ ɡaʁɔs]) is a major tennis tournament held over two weeks between late May and early June in Paris, France, at the Stade Roland Garros. It is the second of the Grand Slam tournaments on the annual tennis calendar and the premier clay court tennis tournament in the world. Roland Garros is the only Grand Slam still held on clay and ends the spring clay court season.

It is one of the most prestigious events in tennis,and it has the widest worldwide broadcasting and audience of all regular events in this sport. Because of the slow playing surface and the five-set men's singles matches without a tiebreak in the final set, the event is widely considered to be the most physically demanding tennis tournament in the world.

Source: Wikipedia

Official Website

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I was wondering why we suddenly had a heap of Aussie women pass the first round, Jarmila Groth and Anastasia Rodionova switched to Australia just recently. Both going head to head in round 3 so we will have one in the fourth round.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Stosur so deserves to win this title. Got rid of the Queen of Clay in Henin and then took out Serena.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Was really glad to see Stosur eliminate Serena Williams.

The final is being shown tonight at 10:45 on channel 9. Australia haven't had a female slam winner since '80, or a female French Open winner since '73!

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I would've preferred Stosur to win but good on Schiavonne :)

ARay

County Cricketer
Darn Soderling and his Unforced errors. :mad:
Gaaaaah hes lost two sets. Down a break in the third.
Nadal wins it again! :facepalm

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why all the Nadal hate? Personally I prefer Federer but still...

ARay

County Cricketer
Why all the Nadal hate? Personally I prefer Federer but still...

I am a Federer fan :p.
Even then I should say Nadal played brilliantly in the final. Soderling had the game to beat nadal, but too many unforced errors brought his demise. :(

Ohhh well Wimbledon now :yes

Users who are viewing this thread