One thing you would like to Change in IPL ?

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Fine then, I'd make it local players only next season. Now that there's been so much publicity for it, I'd like to see it work on developing the local players instead of just making money.
Why does everyone have a problem with the IPL making money?

It's an awesome idea, an awesome competition, and it damn well deserves to make money!

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Whoever thought of the team names is an absolute idiot, fire them. And whoever brought in the cheerleaders from america should be given a pay rise.

Also Indian crowds still amaze me. I still dont see how a dot ball is exciting and worth jumping around like i have ants up my clacker.

The team names are quite good . In a 20/20 game specially when the match is down to wire every crowd will cheers to a dot ball :rolleyes:

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
Seriously, I wanted to see an International Premier League where each country sends in their 2 top domestic teams and theres a Twenty20 tournament. Much like the UEFA Champions League.

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
The team names are quite good . In a 20/20 game specially when the match is down to wire every crowd will cheers to a dot ball :rolleyes:

No, the team names are pathetic, if im correct two teams are called the kings, and one team is called the "Indians". Cmon, orginality.

But it isn't just cheering, its going mental screaming and knocking into people.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Seriously, I wanted to see an International Premier League where each country sends in their 2 top domestic teams and theres a Twenty20 tournament. Much like the UEFA Champions League.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ipl/content/story/346981.html

No, the team names are pathetic, if im correct two teams are called the kings, and one team is called the "Indians". Cmon, orginality.

But it isn't just cheering, its going mental screaming and knocking into people.

Well all crowds are different, I find it difficult to keep in mind it's the 21st century when Indian crowds have to stand up in the grounds, get jammed against huge fences, go to a tap to get water. I mean, here everyone gets a comfortable seat, there are no fences, we can take all the food and non-acoholic drink in we like.

Last edited:

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ipl/content/story/346981.html

Well all crowds are different, I find it difficult to keep in mind it's the 21st century when Indian crowds have to stand up in the grounds, get jammed against huge fences, go to a tap to get water. I mean, here everyone gets a comfortable seat, there are no fences, we can take all the food and non-acoholic drink in we like.

Is Indian crowds full of woman? Because it actually does sound like 16 year old girls screaming at a Backstreet boys concert

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I tell you what really needs to be changed; this stupid portal license business they have with images. The concept does not work. It doesn't seem like anyone is on staff to take action shots. The photos they have up on IPLT20 are really... useless. They're just promos, like each shot could have the caption "I took IPL for two weeks and now I fit into this size 10 stupid costume!"

So, not only have they priced a lot of news providers out of the market, but in place of freelance photography they provide an inferior product.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I wanna see Sreesanth getting kicked out. :mad: :boxing

Well you need to update your knowledge of Indian crowd and Indian stadiums. Honesty.

Same apllies to most of members here.

.Mob

International Coach
Why does everyone have a problem with the IPL making money?

It's an awesome idea, an awesome competition, and it damn well deserves to make money!

Because it's really not good for Test cricket, which is, and will always be "real" cricket.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
And things hurt me most is importance of IPL.
How can international tours get cancelled due to IPL?

Anyway as far as individual opinion I am enjoying it.
There is everything except Cricket!
Kits,Money,Cheer Leaders,Crazy slogg hitting and ya Stick feets..

Thurya

Club Cricketer
1) I have to accept that names are stupid. Kings XI, Superkings, Royals, Royal Challengers all look same and have silimar meanings and " Mumbai Indians"... the stupidest name... only Mumbai people are Indians? What about others... are they illegitimates? I think ICL have great set of names.

2) I think they should change the format. Semi finals dont suit for this find of Tournament. I think playing 1 match against each team and then top four playing a Super League would be better. If you want more matches then last for can play for a plate.

Last edited:

kickboxer1st

School Cricketer
I would change the songs in background. They repeat the same song over and over.

Anonymuss

School Cricketer
No stupid adverts popping up from everywhere. No player interviews in the middle of the game.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Player interviews are annoying,.

Ads in the middle of the over are equally annoying.

IPL is annoying. :(

Users who are viewing this thread