MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Welcome to this new forum, I'm putting this up earlier than I had planned - but it will give the opportunity for more people to organise tournaments that they want to be in a position to start running soon after release.

I would strongly prefer that the only members who start or join leagues/tournaments are those who either have already pre-ordered or have the cash set aside to do so on release.

Anyway - you can set up tournaments or leagues as you wish in here - from big draft based leagues, or just getting those who are interested in a simple knockout cup.

This is in a separate section because the nature of these posts are likely to be relevant to a smaller portion of the forum than the general discussion of the game, plus it should hopefully get some of the large interest in leagues generally to carry over to interactive leagues.

If you are using DBC14 as a simulator, post in the main Leagues forum instead of here.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
A new forum for online play and leagues for DBC14 has been opened up - I've decided to put it down with the cricket leagues forum, because of the comments from many regarding seeing leagues they aren't involved in popping up as the last post in this section.

You can still discuss online play in this section, as it relates to the experience of playing the game and general feedback on it, but keep actually organising matches and tournaments to the new section.

We haven't really got much to go on - with previous cricket games online was either very buggy or complex to set up - so not many matches were played and certainly not any extensive tournaments.

So, we will see how it goes. For now, if you're sure of getting the game, and have the time to put into running something, feel free to make a tournament in that forum.

Comments and questions can go here.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I think segregating it is a good idea but would as subforum of the DBC 14 section not be a better idea to get it some sort of exposure as from what I've seen next to no one now visits this section except those already involved in a league.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Subforums light up the main forum as if it has a new post - which was complained about for when the leagues were starting to be run in the main DBC section - with users going in there expecting new discussion about the game and getting leagues.

I'd expect this section to be busy once the game is out and people are looking for leagues to play - it will also be more heavily linked to at that point.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Opening this thread up - people running leagues for DBC can post in here to promote that they are looking for players/managers. Don't be spammy about it, just the occasional update to help people get used to the split of the forums.

Once the game releases, don't turn it into a 'I want a match' thread - that's for the online play forum only.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm trying to get a T20 World Cup style thing running. You should join up because its the only non-franchise league thing, and you'll get to feel the guy of beating Ireland with the Netherlands!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
once the game is out and i've got my xbox live set up and a gamer tag going, i would probably look at setting up a TEST championship using either All Time teams, or specific "decade" best teams - e.g. Invincibles, SA 70, WI 80s, Aus 90s, Eng 50s etc.

If anyone had any interest in that kind of thing let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread