Pakistan in Sri Lanka - Jul-Aug 2009

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
Tipping Pak to win odi's and tests here

Code:
Tour Match: TBA v Pakistanis at Colombo (NCC)  - Jun 29-Jul 1, 2009

1st Test: Sri Lanka v Pakistan at Galle - Jul 4-8, 2009

Match scheduled to begin at 10:00 local time (04:30 GMT)

2nd Test: Sri Lanka v Pakistan at Colombo (PSS) - Jul 12-16, 2009

3rd Test: Sri Lanka v Pakistan at Colombo (SSC) - Jul 20-24, 2009

Tour Match: TBA v Pakistanis at Kurunegala - Jul 27, 2009

1st ODI: Sri Lanka v Pakistan at Dambulla - Jul 30, 2009

2nd ODI: Sri Lanka v Pakistan at Dambulla - Aug 1, 2009

3rd ODI: Sri Lanka v Pakistan at Dambulla - Aug 3, 2009

4th ODI: Sri Lanka v Pakistan at Colombo (RPS) - Aug 7, 2009

Match scheduled to begin at 14:30 local time (09:00 GMT)

5th ODI: Sri Lanka v Pakistan at Colombo (RPS) - Aug 9, 2009

Match scheduled to begin at 14:30 local time (09:00 GMT)

Only T20I: Sri Lanka v Pakistan at Colombo (RPS) - Aug 12, 2009

Match scheduled to begin at 19:00 local time (13:30 GMT)

Last edited:

nikhil_99

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Both are good sides,it will be a good contest...Few motnhs back i guess SL had won the ODI series,and then there was the terrorist attack....

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Sri Lanka are normally pretty strong at home, except against teams like Pakistan and Australia. Normally Pakistan does well in Sri Lanka and Sri Lanka does well in Pakistan.

Here is the Pakistan's Test squad. Yousuf and Razzaq are back:

Yousuf returns to Test fold
Cricinfo staff
June 22, 2009

Squad:
Younis Khan (capt), Salman Butt, Khurram Manzoor, Mohammad Yousuf, Misbah-ul-Haq, Shoaib Malik, Kamran Akmal (wk), Umar Gul, Saeed Ajmal, Mohammad Aamer, Danish Kaneria, Abdul Razzaq, Abdur Rauf, Fawad Alam, Faisal Iqbal.

Yousuf returns to Test fold | Cricket News | Sri Lanka v Pakistan 2009 | Cricinfo.com

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I will go with Sri Lanka. Pakistan does not have depth still to last in the longer versions of game against Sri Lanka.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Sri Lanka will own them.

Batting's too strong, and M&M at home will be too much to handle. ODI's might sway though.

PakistanRulz

School Cricketer
Sri Lanka will own them.

Batting's too strong, and M&M at home will be too much to handle. ODI's might sway though.

I don't think so, Muhammad Yousuf's back:banana2, Younis Khan's in form:happy, (remember the 300:hpraise he made in the last match against SL), Kamran Akmal's in form too, & Shoaib Malik & Misbah can bat really well, so I don't think the M & M will be a problem even away in SL. Just in the previous tournament (T20 WC) you saw Kamran Akmal hitting Sixes on the bowling of Mendis.And in the bowling, Umar Gul's on fire, we have Razzaq & Amir with Ajmal who has a great doosra, can flick any batsman out, & Danish Kaneria's back, I hope he takes wickets because if he doesn't, this can be his last tournament, & the best of all is that, Pakistan have high confidence, team spirit, & morale because of the World Cup we just won:cheers, on the contrary, SL will be low on the above 3 because they lost in the final:crying, but there is a chance that they try to take revenge:mad:, if thats the case, Pakistan will have to be careful & not under-estimate the Lankans.
Because of the above things, I'm pretty sure that Pakistan can comeback home from SL with the trophy. But now all we can do is wait & see;).
Good Luck Pakistan!!!:D

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
I reckon this would be good. Sri Lanka won't be happy after losing the Twenty20 final to Pakistan so it will be intense. I think Sri Lanka will win most matches though.

DME786

School Cricketer
Pakistan have a very strong batting line with Yousuf back in the team but the bowling does look weak without Asif. I'm sure Sri Lanka would be looking for revenge over the Twenty20 final loss even though test match is a different ball game. The ball does seam about during the mornings so whoever wins the toss I feel would want to bowl first.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Well, we're doing absolutely pathetic in this warm-up game.

SLC 101/1 in 28.2 overs, Kaneria bowling pies as usual.

zMario added 11 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

And Kaneria gets a wicket of Tharanga, but since the catch was taken by Mohammad Yousuf it was either a chip to mid-on/mid-off or a top edge off a sweep shot to short fine leg that got the wicket.

So he's still bowling pies :)

Insomniac

Title Recipient
This warm-up game means we're off to an excellent start; just like in the T20 WC, we have to lose/underperform in the warm-up games to lull the opposition into thinking that we are easy to beat. :p

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
Why is Malinga not selected??

and I agree about Kaneria. He won't get wickets till he's reached his century, and at times double century.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Exactly my thoughts. Kaneria should have been dumped a long time back. He has cost us many series with his impotent bowling. He bowls 50 over goes for two hundred runs and takes three useless wickets. Pakistan's chances of winning will be severely hampered by his presence. May he develop a wrist injury (not too painful though :p)

Users who are viewing this thread