Votes: 31 25.2%

• Total voters

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Curious that they didn’t say anything outright about security threats.

If you read between the lines then it's clear that the political ideology and support of the government to certain power houses is the reason for this. It has nothing to do with cricket or the PCB.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
You know what today I was playing Cricket 19, we all know the game has been licensed by Cricket Australia and ECB that is why both teams having actual players' names, likenesses, and actual stadium names. Just a thought came across to me at that time in a fraction of a second that If that part of the world can collaborate and make video games together to please the fans. Why not the Asian block can do such collaborations. Instantly, I imagined a Cricket video game licensed by PCB and BCCI having Pakistan's and India Stadiums and Actual Player names with likenesses backed by Play by Play Commentary by Ravi Shastri, Harsha Bhogle, Wasim Akram, and Ramiz Raja. Just Imagine, you are controlling Inzamam ul Haq and Sachin Tendulkar with their actual style on a PS4. In the other second, my imagination was over. Alas.....

I wish that the Asian block supports each other. Many media persons including Chairman PCB saying Let's Win World Cup but I think this is something beyond winning games, Pakistan Team's charisma and unpredictability are still there which makes it unique. Our stadiums will be packed to full houses and will host international teams in the future that I am very hopeful of.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
You know what today I was playing Cricket 19, we all know the game has been licensed by Cricket Australia and ECB that is why both teams having actual players' names, likenesses, and actual stadium names. Just a thought came across to me at that time in a fraction of a second that If that part of the world can collaborate and make video games together to please the fans. Why not the Asian block can do such collaborations. Instantly, I imagined a Cricket video game licensed by PCB and BCCI having Pakistan's and India Stadiums and Actual Player names with likenesses backed by Play by Play Commentary by Ravi Shastri, Harsha Bhogle, Wasim Akram, and Ramiz Raja
The Asian Bloc asks for too much money. BCCI is in prime spot to take on EA/ codemasters, but it seems the money asked for licensing is beyond their capabilities.

Btw, Harsha Bhogle did record his voice for the new EA game- however that never saw the light of the day.

Many media persons including Chairman PCB saying Let's Win World Cup but I think this is something beyond winning games, Pakistan Team's charisma and unpredictability are still there which makes it unique

Ramiz has been blabbering quite a bit. It seems juvenile. His statement about India being their only target and now we add in Eng and NZ as well, doesnt bode well for a person of his stature. He is resorting to the diplomacy displayed by BCB.

Its honestly not about winning the World Cup. Pakistan won in 2009, no one gave a damn then, even though the team comprised of bigger stalwarts than it has today. The other thing being- yes, security concerns may be there. However, the PCB ought to have made attempts to play this in a neutral nation as opposed to calling it off entirely.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
The Asian Bloc asks for too much money. BCCI is in prime spot to take on EA/ codemasters, but it seems the money asked for licensing is beyond their capabilities.

Right, EA and Codemasters are out of the cricket video gaming scene now. Big Ant Cricket Series has taken over.
Btw, Harsha Bhogle did record his voice for the new EA game- however that never saw the light of the day.

My point is Asian block coming together to produce a game rather than voicing over for the foreign games. Anyhow, its out of question for now.
Ramiz has been blabbering quite a bit. It seems juvenile. His statement about India being their only target and now we add in Eng and NZ as well, doesnt bode well for a person of his stature. He is resorting to the diplomacy displayed by BCB.

Its honestly not about winning the World Cup. Pakistan won in 2009, no one gave a damn then, even though the team comprised of bigger stalwarts than it has today. The other thing being- yes, security concerns may be there. However, the PCB ought to have made attempts to play this in a neutral nation as opposed to calling it off entirely.

I agree but having been out from the home cricket altogether and still winning a T20 World Cup, 2011 Semi-finalists, and a Champions Trophy win gives a constant message to World Cricket that Cricket needs Pakistan as much as Pakistan needs Cricket in Home. Hope the tables will turn and indeed the one of the way is to Win matches consistently.
Post automatically merged:

Right, EA and Codemasters are out of the cricket video gaming scene now. Big Ant Cricket Series has taken over.

My point is Asian block coming together to produce a game rather than voicing over for the foreign games. Anyhow, its out of question for now.

I agree but having been out from the home cricket altogether and still winning a T20 World Cup, 2010, T20 WC Semi Finalists, 2011 ODI WC Semi-finalists, and a Champions Trophy win gives a constant message to World Cricket that Cricket needs Pakistan as much as Pakistan needs Cricket in Home. Hope the tables will turn and indeed the one of the way is to Win matches consistently.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Umar Akmal might follow Sami Aslam to the USA. Good riddance, i say.
gene-gene-endrody.gif

Users who are viewing this thread