Pakistan tour of England 2021

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Cant believe that Sam Hain isnt even in the 2nd string squad for England. What more is he supposed to do?

Play in the BBL apparently.
Post automatically merged:

Nah, I’m literally expecting him or some other unheralded player to go big.

Will Jacks and Phil NaCl are all about going big or going home. If you thought Roy was chaotic... oh boy.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Play in the BBL apparently.
Post automatically merged:

Will Jacks and Phil NaCl are all about going big or going home. If you thought Roy was chaotic... oh boy.
Jacks doesn't even average 25 in List A, Salt just over 30. So, if people want to understand England's selections it's more complex than doing a 'Sort by Career Batting Average'; otherwise Sam Hain and Ben Slater would be in the squad.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
This is England we're talking about here.

If I was picking my own side it'd look quite different:

1. :eng: :bat: Alex Hales (I think this is the perfect time to see if he can step up and be a big part of a team in adversity)
2. :eng: :bat: Sam Hain (debut)
3. :eng: :bat: Dawid Malan
4. :eng: :ar: Ben Stokes :c:
5. :eng: :bat: Dan Lawrence (debut)
6. :eng: :ar: Will Jacks (debut)
7. :eng: :ar: Jordan Thompson (debut)
8. :eng: :ar: Liam Dawson
9. :eng: :bwl: Ollie Robinson (debut)
10. :eng: :bwl: Saqib Mahmood
11. :eng: :bwl: Matt Parkinson

Who's keeping here?

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
1. :eng: :bat: Alex Hales (I think this is the perfect time to see if he can step up and be a big part of a team in adversity)
When it comes to weed, Eoin Morgan puts the most conservative politicians to shame :p

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
When it comes to weed, Eoin Morgan puts the most conservative politicians to shame :p
I think there was also cocaine involved, but I fundamentally agree. He talks about how Hales "lost the trust" of the dressing room. That's fine, but if doesn't answer Hales' messages, and the ECB never invites him back into the set-up, then there's no opportunity to regain trust.

That said, I enjoy this GIF:

tenor.gif

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
That's why I deleted my post, I don't know if it's accurate or just gossip.
I don't think they ever confirmed it, because it was only his second offence and therefore the details were to remain confidential.

But regardless of what drug or drugs he'd indulged in, I still think that his treatment has been ridiculous. Like I said before - how can you regain trust if you're never given the chance to show you've earnt it? Now would be the perfect time to give him the opportunity to be around the set-up, away from Eoin Morgan, and see if he steps up to be a senior figure in an inexperienced side.

Users who are viewing this thread