Pakistan tour of New Zealand 2009

Why no Bond??

He hasn't played any four day cricket in a while so hes going to play a game for Canterbury first to see how it goes hes still got a chance of playing but he will probably want a few first class games under his belt first.

Mills out for at least four monthsCricket - News - Yahoo!Xtra Sport

Black Caps bowler Kyle Mills will be out of cricket for a minimum of four months.

Mills will have surgery on his left shoulder and right knee in the next few weeks. The knee problem is a chronic injury and the operation on the shoulder allows time to address the issue.

The major goal for his return to fitness is World Twenty20 starting in April 2010.

Probably the best summer to miss four months tbh. He's only going to miss the Australian ODI series. Massive loss though.

He hasn't played any four day cricket in a while so hes going to play a game for Canterbury first to see how it goes hes still got a chance of playing but he will probably want a few first class games under his belt first.

Agreed. Best not to rush him back into Test cricket or else he's just going to injure himself again which would not be good. Just has to see whether he can get through 4, 5 days of cricket. I certainly hope he does.

Bond was must be a trump card for Daniel Vettori,you bowling gonna be weak a bit after loosing Bond.
But doesn't matter still Pakistan has to bat very well.

Its more likely the case which teams performs poorly that loses not necessarily the best team wins.

Should be a nail-bitting series considering batting collapses will me more likely than a huge partnership

Yea I'm really looking forward to it tbh. I still think Pakistan have the better team, but not by much. It should be a tight series since we are playing at home.

this should be such a cool series.

I expect lots of score cards with blistering hundreds and ducks and single figure scores all over the place.

is Ryder back?

Vettori should make a killing here, sri lanka only picked herath because he was a left handed off-spinner and it paid off completely.

Yea I'm really looking forward to it tbh. I still think Pakistan have the better team, but not by much. It should be a tight series since we are playing at home.

On paper, and we all saw the Dubai series :sarcasm

I expect lots of score cards with blistering hundreds and ducks and single figure scores all over the place.

is Ryder back?

Vettori should make a killing here, sri lanka only picked herath because he was a left handed off-spinner and it paid off completely.

Yeah and this series will show us why Tests belong. Unbelievable collapses, Strange ways of getting out and ways to lose the game when you should easily win. Vettori will be the key, but i reckon the NZ pacers will take the game away from us

is Ryder back?

Apparently he might miss the first test. I'm hoping the selectors don't rush him back though.

Warm-up match has started...

NZ INVITATION XI won the toss and decided to bat.

They are 4 for 1... Craig Cumming c Fawad Alam b Abdur Rauf for just 2.

Users who are viewing this thread