Pakistan tour of New Zealand 2009

No Pakistan and Australia are playing their series between December/Jan.

If Umar Akmal can survive through this and make a good score, it will further display how much gumption the young lad has.

CaptainOZ added 0 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Oh, and then he goes and hits a SIX :laugh

Umar Akmal hits Vettori for another 6 with a slog sweep, which he could easily get dismissed on again.

Especially at the brink of tea..

Hopefully they come to their senses and drop him back to 5 for the next match. Asking a lot of the young man to bat in the top order especially when the rest are all bunnies

What a stupid decision to change Umar's position in batting. He's looked a different player. O'Blog has been all over him like a rash. Unlucky not to have gotten him. I hope we get him soon though. If he gets in he's dangerous.

I'm not saying Akmal isn't a good player but one wonders what will happen to him when his luck runs out, because he's had a fair bit lately.

Oh, again. Umar Akmal looking better with a big delicious sweep for six.

It's an unlikely situation, not too many young batsmen are thrown in at number 3 as soon as they show some form. At least we can see why they promoted him, the top order has unfortunately been quite weak and he's already scored more runs than Farhat and Butt have between them in the past year.

Nevertheless, it could be a good experience. The mental rewards for 50 in such an innings would be far greater than 200 on a flat track. He has managed to avoid getting out so far and he'll have to start again after tea, but if he does get going, the hands and feet will become more certain.

I'm not saying Akmal isn't a good player but one wonders what will happen to him when his luck runs out, because he's had a fair bit lately.

We wondered that with Dilshan but it didn't end. For some reason players who play aggressively prosper over here. Gayle, Sehwag. List goes on.

You feel one of these edges has to go to hand but they never do. Umar for another hundred probably. :/

This is exciting stuff by Umar. Whether you think it's rash or not, I like the cut of his jib. This type of batsman, who doesn't care what people say he should do, just plays his natural game and isn't afraid to go for the boundaries. As long as they have a fair measure of skill, this type of batting is welcome in Test cricket and is something Pakistan sorely need in their line-up.

Users who are viewing this thread