Pakistan tour of West Indies (March-May 2017)

B

Bigby Wolf

Kamran, who last played for Pakistan in April 2014, scored a century and aggregated 353 runs in Peshawar Zalmi's run to the PSL title.

Kamran Akmal and Ahmed Shehzad returned to Pakistan setup in the limited-overs squads for the forthcoming tour of West Indies. Former captain Azhar Ali is a big-name absentee from the ODI squad, having endured a lean run in the series loss in Australia.

The call-ups for Kamran and Shehzad come on the back of a highly productive Pakistan Super League, where both batsmen finished among the top-five run-getters in the league.

Kamran, who last played for Pakistan in April 2014, scored a century and aggregated 353 runs in Peshawar Zalmi's run to the PSL title. Shehzad was just as impressive for finalists Quetta Gladiators, finishing with 242 runs at a strike-rate of 132.24. Kamran has also had a highly impressive domestic season, scoring 361 runs from eight innings in the departmental domestic one-day cup and a further 1035 runs from 14 in the Quaid-e-Azam trophy.

Shehzad, who himself scored three hundreds enroute to aggregating 653 runs at an average of 93.28, is first in line to replace the now-suspended Sharjeel Khan.

While Kamran has experienced an upturn in fortunes, younger brother Umar was left out of both limited-overs squads after reportedly failing fitness tests at the ongoing national camp before the tour.

PSL discoveries Fakhar Zaman and Shadab Khan were named in both squads. The selection panel, headed by former captain Inzamam-ul-Haq, also issued call-ups to Mohammad Asghar and all-rounder Fahim Ashraf, who will join veteran Asif Zakir as the five fresh faces in the 50-over squad.

For the T20Is, pacers Rumman Raees and Usman Khan Shinwari made the cut with Mohammad Amir receiving the axe.

Pakistan will play four T20Is, three ODIs and three Tests in a tour spanning nearly two months between March and May.

ODI squad: Ahmed Shehzad, Kamran Akmal, Mohammad Hafeez, Babar Azam, Shoaib Malik, Fakhar Zaman, Asif Zakir, Imad Wasim, Shadab Khan, Hasan Ali, Wahab Riaz, Mohammad Amir, Fahim Ashraf, Junaid Khan, Mohammad Asghar, Sarfraz Ahmed(captain)

T20I squad: Ahmed Shehzad, Kamran Akmal, Mohammad Hafeez, Babar Azam, Shoaib Malik, Fakhar Zaman, Sarfraz Ahmed (captain), Imad Wasim, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Nawaz, Hasan Ali, Sohail Tanvir, Wahab Riaz, Rumman Raees, Usman Khan.

Kamran Akmal named in ODI, T20I squads ahead of WI tour - Cricbuzz

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Pakistan squads for WI tour

T20Is: Ahmed Shehzad, Kamran Akmal, Mohammad Hafeez, Babar Azam, Shoaib Malik, Fakhar Zaman, Sarfraz Ahmed (capt & wk), Imad Wasim, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Nawaz, Wahab Riaz, Sohail Tanvir, Rumman Raees, Hasan Ali, Usman Khan

ODIs: Ahmed Shehzad, Kamran Akmal, Mohammad Hafeez, Babar Azam, Shoaib Malik, Fakhar Zaman, Asif Zakir, Sarfraz Ahmed (capt & wk), Imad Wasim, Shadab Khan, Hasan Ali, Wahab Riaz, Mohammad Amir, Fahim Ashraf, Junaid Khan, Mohammad Asghar

I really liked the squads. Pretty balanced selection. Pakistan worrying sign is fast bowling but considering windies, Spinners will do their job. This series is pretty much ours Insha'ALLAH

PS: Kamran Akmal deserved a chance. If Shehzad performs well in One days, I am hopeful he will get a test call as well which is due for him. My only concern is with lingering on with Hafeez.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Kamran Akmal in the squad yet again, will Pakistan ever learn? It's time to move on from proven failures, particularly after giving them years of opportunities. Until Pakistan learn to look to youth over failures, they'll never achieve anything big. Harsh but it is what it is.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Surprised Sohail Khan isn't selected in T20s. He was leading wicket-taker in PSL.

I don't know why selectors and coach always say M Amir is our main bowler. He hasn't won you a single match after comeback.

Coach says Sohail Khan can only ball with new ball. I mean what? If he can take wickets with new ball and can get opposition. 2 for 2 or 4 for 50. Isn't that good? If you will not pick wickets with the new ball then you can't win games. Sohail Khan can provide you with breakthroughs in every format.

P.S : I believe Sohail Khan is main bowler for Pakistan at this stage.

Users who are viewing this thread